Mirror Tiles

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Humanist
Lively Laner

Mirror Tiles

Post by Humanist »

I have a quantity of used mirror tiles which were removed from a bathroom wall. They are about 4 inches square and I think I have about 50 of them

It seems a shame to throw them away, but I can not think of anything to do with them. I am about to build a chicken hutch and a greenhouse, but I don't know if the tiles would be any use for these projects?

Any ideas?
1 cat, 2 chickens, 9 cardinal tetras, 5 albino catfish, 3 assassin snails, 22 axolotls, 2 daughters and a stepson. And a pear tree (but no partridge).
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: Mirror Tiles

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Not to sure if chooks would give themselves brain damage trying to see off their reflections.
Is your greenhouse going to be free standing or attached on one side to a wall. If it was a leanto type I could see the mirrored tiles being on the wall to increase light inside.
I'm sure others will be along with their ideas.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

What about making a pattern of them as a garden mirror? Or breaking them and making a mirror mosiac on the path or on flowerpots or a table top.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Humanist
Lively Laner

Post by Humanist »

Totally Scrambled wrote:Is your greenhouse going to be free standing or attached on one side to a wall. If it was a leanto type I could see the mirrored tiles being on the wall to increase light inside.
Dom

It's going to be built using an existing three walled patio as a base. I suppose I could put them on the inside of one of the side walls. Would that work?
1 cat, 2 chickens, 9 cardinal tetras, 5 albino catfish, 3 assassin snails, 22 axolotls, 2 daughters and a stepson. And a pear tree (but no partridge).
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

If the greenhouse has a blank wall then no light will be coming from that side, so if it was lined with the mirrored tiles it would reflect light back and make it lighter which could only be good for the plants )t'
The Victorians had glasshouses against the walls of their walled gardens and used to paint the back wall white to reflect light, so mirrors would be one step up from that.
Dom
Ali Woks My World