Poultry Feeder

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Cranford Steve
Lively Laner

Poultry Feeder

Post by Cranford Steve »

Just Knocked this up out of two old paint buckets. Its not pretty but it does the job, and it was free!!!! )t'
"thou shall not lay a hedge, when the birds are nesting"[center][/center]
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Re: Poultry Feeder

Post by Lillia »

If it does the job and the price certainly was right, then I like it! )t'
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Awesome Steve, you're a clever cookie )t' :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
manda

Post by manda »

Good One ....I've done that on a smaller scale when I had chicks indoors I used a plastic pot and the bottom of an ice cream container...as you say not pretty but did the job and was free )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Hi Steve, I like that. I also once did something similar. Have you thought about putting something inside to spread the pellets out towards the gaps into the feeding tray? At first I tried an old funnel upside down but it wasn't big enough, I then used a large plastic bowl (don't tell the wife) again upside down with about an inch gap all the way round between it and the gaps for the feed. )t'
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
manda

Post by manda »

Good thinking Al I was just wondering about the feed sitting in the middle once it gets low or you'd have old feed just sitting there all the time.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Cranford Steve
Lively Laner

Post by Cranford Steve »

AL37 wrote:Hi Steve, I like that. I also once did something similar. Have you thought about putting something inside to spread the pellets out towards the gaps into the feeding tray? At first I tried an old funnel upside down but it wasn't big enough, I then used a large plastic bowl (don't tell the wife) again upside down with about an inch gap all the way round between it and the gaps for the feed. )t'

I was thinking of doing something but I didnt know what. You have shon a light on the situation, will be improving the design tomorrow, Cheers Bud )t'
"thou shall not lay a hedge, when the birds are nesting"[center][/center]
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Happy to be of assistance. )t' )grin2(
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]