garden maintenance

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
ChrisG

garden maintenance

Post by ChrisG »

My garden has been sadly neglected for many years. Yesterday I decided to start to clear the footpath that goes all round the house of weeds. Have taken some before and after shots, though the work isnt quite complete yet. The intention is to finish the job today - if the weather dries up that is! The pictures show the path at the front of the house.

This shows the path frrom the front door end of the house - the door would be to the left of the pic.

The same part of the path from the other end. If you look carefully, you can just make out the paving slabs. The grass at the bottom of the picture is part of the lawn!

And this is what it looked like after I had cleared about half of it:
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Re: garden maintenance

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Good for you Ruth, it'll look fab when you've done it..does take time but baby steps and all that.. {hug} )t'
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Robert
Lively Laner

Post by Robert »

It's looking good Ruth, hard work, but well worth the effort )t'
2 ex batts, Pinky and Bluey. 1 white leghorn, Blanche. 1 Black Rock, Roxie. 1 Speckledy, Purdey. 1 Copper Black Maran, Betty, and 1 Cream legbar, Lettie.
ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

Been out and done half of what's left. The path now looks a mess with loads of fallen plants all over it. But it will look great when it's done - or that's what Im telling myself because yes it IS hard work!
Kaeta44
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kaeta44 »

Well done! That was a lot of back-breaking work, but it looks really good now.
Mucky Cluckers – Tales from the chicken run. "An hilarious read" "Cried with laughter" "A really good read, I couldn't put it down". Buy this paperback from www.muckycluckers.co.uk

I'm Trish Colton on FB DTL
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Well done!!!What lovley old stones you have uncovered )t'
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

Ta da!

From the other end:

Next project - the rockery yike* And yes, those tall plants at the back are weeds (thistles mostly):

madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

OOOOH!!!! My idea of heaven )t' i love rockery plants they are so delicate and varied i am envy}}
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

I have some dianthus and campanula and that's about all; the rest is thistles, nettles, achemilla (which I have learned to hate with a vengeance) and other rubbish.
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

You have done well there girl. )t' )t'
ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

Steve the Gas wrote:You have done well there girl. )t' )t'

And you saw it in person! )t'
LittleBrownFrog

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Looks good - amazing what a difference it makes getting the paths sorted )t' I've been tackling brambles this afternoon.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Well done, I love a bit of destruction too.
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

Fantastic work on the paths.

I'd be tempted to clear the rockery with weedkiller if there are few rockery plants left as the perennial roots will be all down among the stones. Or cover the lot in carpet or black plastic for a year if you don't want to use herbicides.

I love discovering old paths like that, I seem to get lots of that kind of garden to bring back (for work). One I was particularly proud of with cobbles and brick herringbone areas and stone slabs. And then the builders came in and ripped the lot up }hairout{ {mr.angry} .
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
baileysgnasha
Legendary Laner

Post by baileysgnasha »

Fantastic work so far Ruth Keep it up ! Must be in the air I had a good clear out in my garden the other day too still plenty too do its non-stop!!
Andrea- Sunny Clucker fan awaiting her arrival in Kettering,Northamptonshire.