OMG....you couldn't make this up!!!!

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

OMG....you couldn't make this up!!!!

Post by Grannyof4 »

I always try to use local people for any work. A few weeks ago I got a letter along with a business card from some local gardeners. I contacted them with a view to doing some digging as my knees are not up to it. I don't know whether to scream at them, give them both a kick up the ar*e or laugh. I have never seen 2 such disorganised people in my life. They were late arriving despite me having given them detailed instructions and in fact phoned me as they were sitting outside my next door neighbour!!!! I explained and showed them what I wanted doing: 2 narrow strips to weed and dig over, this is where my veg will go and rose a bed to turn over and weed, a small raised bed to weed and turn over and a patio to weed but that is not bad. I think they are joined at the hip, they both started on the patio and after half an hour had done an area about 4ft wide and 8ft long!!! They don't even have the right tools, they are using screw drivers!! Anyway decided to ask them to leave that and get on with the digging. Now instead of one starting on one border and the other on another area, they are both working on about the same sq.cm!!!!! I honestly daren't go out.....
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Re: OMG....you couldn't make this up!!!!

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Are you paying by the hour?
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

They are obviously after a quick buck, especially if they are weeding with screwdrivers. Are they being paid by the hour Grannyof4 if so I'd get rid.
I don't know your circumstances but if you are a pensioner then you may be able to get help from your council. They can advise you of business that don't rip you off or some councils have community workers that clear and dig gardens.
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

:shock:

Do they seem/sound local?
Or just young and idle. sile}
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

No, they are local............honestly it is laughable but I think they have speeded up a bit now. I am outside working as well. Yes it is by the hour but don't worry I have my stop watch on them. My soil is beautiful and light so it is not exactly hard work. The younger of the 2 obviously doesn't really want to be doing this. Will be interesting to see if they clear up after themselves. I certainly wouldn't dare let them in the proper garden...
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Wonder if they'll ask you to recommend them? :-D
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}

Sadly I seem to have lost their card as well........
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Doesn't it make your blood boil }hairout{ We had a young chap put cards through the door offering window cleaning .Always willing to help out young enterprising peeps i got him to give us a quote and he came the next day to do the job.....When he came next time he said would i mind if he did just the downstairs at the front 'cos they were too high and it bothered him...........!!!I lost his card too )grin2(
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Sorry Granny but the way you wrote that just made me {rofwl} , its not funny really but gardening with a screwdriver {rofwl} . Better luck next time
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

Well they have gone. I decided against them doing the patio as they would have still been here at Christmas. I wouldn't recommend them as they are so messy. However, the digging is done and at least my knees are grateful. I did say to them the digging looked OK but was not happy with the trail of mess they had left....so they got deducted half an hour as I have got to clean it up and also hose down all the paths!!!!! I don't somehow think they will make it in the gardening world.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

If they could find another mate they could become tree fellers.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

Totally Scrambled wrote:If they could find another mate they could become tree fellers.
Dom

Groans in agony.......... {rofwl}
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

I have to keep in practice with the dad jokes so I can suitably embarass my teenage daughters in front of their friends :-D
Dom
Ali Woks My World
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ha ha ha Dom! Somehow I imagine you already do that very successfully!!! {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

You should see the colour they go if I dance )de:
Dom
Ali Woks My World