My Water Butts

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

My Water Butts

Post by Richard »

I've now been down the Lane for 13 years and in that time never bought any guttering or downpipes, just find them in skips or wherever they were chucked.

Nor have I purchased a Water Butt. One of the nice things about downshifters is that other people often think of you and give you stuff.

1. The Water Butt was given to me by a neighbour. I screwed some guttering along the side of the Chicken shed, extended it out a bit to pour straight into the water butt.
In the event of light rain and the water running back along the guttering a bit and missing the butt, I've tied some string and hung a bottle down in the butt - hence any going underneath simply runs down the string! It works as well :-D

Note all the Chicken wire etc. This is 'Think Fox' in action - a Water Butt is a nice launching Pad for the Shed Roof and over the top. Mind you, the whole of the Shed Roof is a mess of it!!

[center]Image[/center]

2. and 3. The big blue thing was given to me a few years back at the Cricket Club, I've just sawn the downpipe so it stays steady

The Metal one I found in the overgrowth when I first moved here and has served well under the smaller greenhouse..

[center]Image Image[/center]

If the worse comes to the worse I'll re-route the Stream which runs down the Lane !!

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Re: My Water Butts

Post by Lillia »

Both frugal and clever, Richard! )t'

:-D
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Richard, that could make a good monthly competition, Show us your butt. )t'
)run(
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

and best colour ?

{rofwl}
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Steve valentine
Legendary Laner

Post by Steve valentine »

There's a seller on e bay, he has the 205L oil barrels @£10 each, they would make great water butts.
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.