Buying dead & dying plants

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Willow
Legendary Laner

Buying dead & dying plants

Post by Willow »

i tend to feel sorry for plants that have been relegated to the 'bargain' table in plant centres & have bought a lot of them. One was a weeping cherry which had a broken trunk.. I actually splinted it and 4 years on its a lovely healthy tree.. I think I'm most chuffed with a wisteria I bought about two years ago, It was a sad looking specimen, and I didnt hold out much hope but amazingly it grew like blazes and had a few flowers last year - this year it is absolutley covered in buds! )t' )t'
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Re: Buying dead & dying plants

Post by Grannyof4 »

It's amazing what you can revive.
perchy

Post by perchy »

I bought a weeping willow for £2, it had one bud on and was very sad, I nursed it and it is the most beautify specimen now, will try and take a pic, we nearly lost it in the snow too it fell over with the weight of the snow }hairout{
perchy

Post by perchy »

Willow, here is the £2 willow )t'

Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

I've just seen this Perchy.... What a beautiful tree and one heck of a bargain for £2.00!!!!
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein