rubbish

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Re: rubbish

Post by HappyBob »

We have two wheelie bins, a blue one for plastics, glass and paper, and a black one for everything else barring food waste. For food waste we have two green bins one lives in house where we line it with biodegradable plastic liners (provided by the council) when full these get tied up and placed in the larger green bin which lives out side. We dont have a garden so dont have garden waste to worry about, very little goes into the food bins as we dont waste food and any veg peelings make their way back to the allotment compost bin. the blue recycle bin takes a good month or so before its worth the binmens while to wheel it to the dustcart. And the main bin is never usually anymore then a quarter full in any one week. Also have very good recycling centres close by for old whitegoods etc.
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
manda

Re: rubbish

Post by manda »

We don't have any council provided rubbish collection here...they do provide for urban but not rural.
So we have to pay for our bins as they are provided. We get one bin per month - they are oil drum size..well actually they are an oil drum )grin2(

Anything that is recyclable we take to the recycling centre where you put everything into their specified huge freight container size skips.

Any paper and plastic (we can recycle up to PET5 I think it is) we don't take to the recycling we either use to start off things and burn in the fire or I take a carrier bag and drop it off at the supermarket in one of their bins in the car park...well they gave it to me in the first place )grin2(

We might fill up a bin in a month but we work hard not to..because we don't want to produce more rubbish than we need to if we go over that we pay (literally)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny