Holidays

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Re: Holidays

Post by secret squirrel »

Just looked at your website. Good stuff! I used to be a Crafter dealer. Good guitars. Supplied by a company in Wales, but then I expect you knew that.
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.

echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

Secret Squirrel, I play viola too!!! :-D

When we go away, I get the pet sitting people in. They come first thing on a morning and feed them/let them out, then return again in the evening to put them into bed. They also care for the cats, guinea pigs and fish. The costs aren't that high and they are really nice people.
musicdaz73
Lively Laner

Post by musicdaz73 »

Good luck with your new project i wish you well
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I am a bit worried here about suggestions of big feeders and water supplies when off for the weekend. Does that mean the girls are left unattended? In March I had terrible trouble getting cover for 3 days and asked if I could leave the girls with ample supplys. I was informed, quite severely, it was against Defra rules not to have daily inspection of my girls so that idea was out of the window, though I wouldn't have relaxed anyway. I am off again next week and so are my carers(nextdoor) so I have had to recruit and train a family member on caring for my girls. I do reckon if any of us are absolutely stuck maybe we could say what area we live in and then hopefully someone on the forum will be able to accomodate. After all hols are for fun and relaxing, not much good if you are worrying about what is going on at home... confused>
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

secret squirrel wrote: It will be nice to stash away all of my instruments and also my sons in a little hidy-hole

The way I read that first it sounded cruel, if not downright illegal (woof, woof)
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Clare
Lively Laner

Post by Clare »

Defra rules sound like a load of bllx half the time to me.. esp to people with real lives, and not keeping chickens for a livelihood..

of course you can leave chooks unattended for a couple of days... many do on here.... go away for a couple of nights at the weekend, leave plenty of food and water, have an auto door opener... most, for peace of mind, have a neighbour who has a quick look, but there are people who leave the pop hole door open at night anyway...
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Clare take a look at the thread ^No cover for holidays^ and the replies from Mo,Teasal.P.Penn and Jen then tell me it is a load of B*****s?I stressed for ages over this one and totally agreed with them. One drop of blood, on e sour crop, who is there to care for them???? yike*