Do We Hear Cheeping???

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Re: Do We Hear Cheeping???

Post by ma larkin »

Mum and chicks are adorable! The photos are brilliant, I love the colours! You must be very proud!

Ma Larkin (f+

maggie1946
Longlasting Laner

Post by maggie1946 »

Congratulations to all of you ..Lovely photos you must be very proud ...Maggie.......
Hoping that Sunny Clucker is coming to Leicestershire
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Hello All,
A quick update. On the upside we got half girls and half boys. On the downside only four of the nine hatched, of the five that didn't, none of them were fertile. {mr.angry}
But still we have two healthy baby girls who are thriving, just starting to get little wing and tail feathers and they are on the go all day. :-D
I did have to do the deed with the two little boys today, not easy, but I suppose it goes with the territory {cry} and I had to wait for my OH and girls to go out.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Glad the little ones are doing well Dom, i dont know how you could do that deed but better sooner than later i suppose

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ooooh Dom - only just caught up with this for some reason! What lovely pics and how exciting for you. I am actually very envious - I have a 'spare' chicken cottage and was going to sell it and then every now and then I think - maybe keep it for a broody ....... :shock:

It is a big problem knowing what to do about the boys, so I empathise with your predicament there. My daughter grew her 3 boys and they are now for sale in the local paper at the moment, £2 each! Trouble is, no one wants them. {cry}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

I would with a little stuffing, sorry.
I have an almost full grown male and trying to decide what to do. I think the decision may arrive more quickly if he starts crowing though {cry}
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Hello All,
Thought I'd post some photos of the new girls one week after hatching.
Their mum, Lola, is doing a really good job teaching them all they need to know but sometimes is a bit over enthusiastic. When they were a day old she was showing them how to peck up food from the bowl and was doing a good impression of a woodpecker until they got the idea.
She has been showing them how to scratch in the earth and they wait eagerly in front of her for anything she unearths. They have learnt that when she turns round it is best to get out of the way as they have been buried a few times by her frantic digging.
When we feed her her treat of mealworms by hand she carefully takes a worm and breaks it into little pieces and scatters them for her chicks until she thinks they have enough and then she eats hers.
Even more hours are now lost chick watching.
Ali Woks My World
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Dom what a good mum she is to those baby's they are all Gorgeous!
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
teddymouse
Longlasting Laner

Post by teddymouse »

ahw, just lovee that last photo :-D
angie
why is it these days that common sense and common decency aren't that common?????
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Angie,
They looked even cuter when they were both riding on mum's back but I didn't have my camera with me then.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
mritim
Learner Laner

Post by mritim »

Lovely pics - my daughter will want to get a cockerel now!