poor girly

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
monkey_biz
Lively Laner

poor girly

Post by monkey_biz »

well looks like esmerelda is comming to the end of her time with us, she has been laying softies for about 3 months, not that she was a great layer.... one every 3-4 days but for the past 2 weeks her comb has been whitish and shrunk down. ive done everything i can think of but now think its egg peritonitis. she seems to be coping quite well so far absorbing the eggs but i think its only a matter of time. saying that she is now a 4 year old ex batt and the first of my exbatts to get poorly so i must have been doing something right all this time. as she is a pet i think the best bet is to observe her to the point that she is struggling and there is no way back and have her put to sleep.

im not feeling sad about it because she has had a much longer life than she would have done and she is still a very happy little chook with age catching up on her.

ill keep you updated :)

on a plus point, ive been in contact with a farm in edinburgh way wanting to rehome 30+ black rocks, 3 years old all freerangers. im haveing 6 so anybody in the area would like to help rehoming them give nudge on here.

gwyn
Being diagnosed with Aspergers at 44 doesnt mean i now have a lable to be used against me it means i am fully in control and a lot more intelligent than i look!

Steve the Gas

Re: poor girly

Post by Steve the Gas »

{hug}
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

It comes to them all....at least she has had a life!!
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
LittleBrownFrog

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

{hug}
monkey_biz
Lively Laner

Post by monkey_biz »

had to get esmie put down yesterday, after her perking up so well she ninnaly succumbed by teatime and a one way trip to the vets was in order. RIP

on another note i rescued 6 stunning posh black rocks but the ex batts arent to friendly to them :(
Being diagnosed with Aspergers at 44 doesnt mean i now have a lable to be used against me it means i am fully in control and a lot more intelligent than i look!
honeyfudge
Lively Laner

Post by honeyfudge »

{hug}
Karhog
Longlasting Laner

Post by Karhog »

{cry} {hug}
janepick
Legendary Laner

Post by janepick »

Bless little Esmie, 4 years old, how wonderful that she enjoyed so much freedom.
Have a hug, you did her proud... {hug}
Jane x
hen crazy
Lively Laner

Post by hen crazy »

All in all a mixed day for you happy and sad {cry} {hug}
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Sorry to hear about Esmie, but well done for her age. 4 for an ex batt as I understand it, is very good.

My Amie went to Rainbow Bridge this morning.