Recovery of a Battery Hen - Nora

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
JD1970
Lively Laner

Re: Recovery of a Battery Hen - Nora

Post by JD1970 »

Such sad news (all round), but thank you for sharing her story. RIP

perchy

Post by perchy »

JD1970 wrote:Such sad news (all round), but thank you for sharing her story. RIP

)t'
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I am sorry to read the news of Nora's death, sad that you did not have the pleasure of seeing her feathered up, healthy, enjoying her new life. We don't do facebook, so could not post the picture, which was truly shocking to behold.

All the best with your hen rescue.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

{cry} poor little thing.
maybe if the images of her shock a few people into caring more, then she
hasnt died in vain.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
homes4hens
Learner Laner

Post by homes4hens »

Thanks again for all the kind words. It's so upsetting. Sometimes its so hard to carry on doing this but its also impossible to stop! Each time we come back from a battery farm, we come back with a renewed passion for what we are doing. Its horrendous, the battery farms are like a house of horrors to me.
still... deep breath and carry on....and note to self...try not to get too attached to the poorly ones in future {cry}
www.homes4hens.co.uk
Battery Hen Rescue for South Scotland and North of England
janepick
Legendary Laner

Post by janepick »

You are doing a wonderful job and it is so worth while. I know it's very hard, but you are doing a fantastic things.
As loving chicken keepers we will never be able not to get attached. Little Nora, none of us met her but we all loved her and prayed she would make it. Her story has been posted everywhere on her plight, it will make a difference to folks buying habits for sure.
You are a star lady. )b( -star<
Jane x
manda

Post by manda »

To the Nora's {cry}

Sweet dreams girls {hug&kiss}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh no, I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news {cry} {cry}

May both little Nora's be playing peacefully {hug} {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

homes4hens wrote:Thanks again for all the kind words. It's so upsetting. Sometimes its so hard to carry on doing this but its also impossible to stop! Each time we come back from a battery farm, we come back with a renewed passion for what we are doing. Its horrendous, the battery farms are like a house of horrors to me.
still... deep breath and carry on....and note to self...try not to get too attached to the poorly ones in future {cry}

Please never stop helping these little girls. Getting attached to them shows that you really really care and you have HUGE hearts. Thank you.....Lyn
LYN
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I have just been cleaning out my chooks, and thinking about Nora. I was looking at my batties - in fact they have come on so much I have to look hard to distinguish them from the others. While dear little Nora didn't make it, rescuing these poor little souls gives them a chance of a normal life after the hell of the cages. Hopefully, Nora's plight will attract new rehomers and more support for the fight for decent animal welfare standards. {cry}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Chi Chi
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chi Chi »

Oh no, poor wee Nora, im so sorry, im glad she had a wee while of freedom with you {hug}

And Annie, you lost your Nora too, she had a great year of freedom and spoiled rotten by a great chicken Mum {hug} {hug} {hug}