New girls have arrived.

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
jackian
Legendary Laner

New girls have arrived.

Post by jackian »

My new girls arrived this morning to join Poppy and Clover, They are in seperate Walk-in-Run and Poppy and clover are FR but making a heck of a racket (which is unusual )although ignoring the new girls.They did size up to each other at one stage against the fence but are really ignoring them .It is just the noise ! Is this usual ?
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown

little brown hen
Legendary Laner

Re: New girls have arrived.

Post by little brown hen »

My first four were so noisy when I introduced three new girls the year before last. It was a keening noise that went on and on for a couple of days. Last year they didn't really do it when I introduced the next three. Perhaps they were over the shock by then. :-D
Mum to Sox and Boo,and hens, Bramble,
Belle,Bourbon,Holly,Ivy, May and June
RIP Daisy my cat,and Spice, Clara, Alice, Biscuit, Cookie Clarice and Henrietta. Over rainbow bridge, but never forgotten.
manda

Post by manda »

Oh they are not ignoring them )grin2(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

Oh I know they are not being ignored ,but you know what i mean . They are not pecking at them I mean . :-D I was so concerned that something was wrong . :?
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Yep noise is normal!!!!!Good luck when the fences come down )t'
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
ColletteB
Lively Laner

Post by ColletteB »

I would like another couple but the thought of introducing them puts me off..im happy, the girls are happy so don't want to rock the boat :-D

Good luck with your introductions im sure they will be fine )t'
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Ditto Manda, they want to play!!
janepick
Legendary Laner

Post by janepick »

It's a good job you can't talk chicken! Your girls may shock you with their language {warn}
Jane x