our 1st egg im so proud

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
debby
Lively Laner

Re: our 1st egg im so proud

Post by debby »

aww great to hear your good news, hopefully we will have another re home middle of may, so make way for more lush to be ladies xxxxxxxxxxxx +f+
Dave the springer, 2 cats, Boo, Gizmo. 3 ex batts Mopsy, Thelma & louise. bluebell Matha,buff orp Gertie,rode island Kentucy, cream legbear Lola,
oh and the 2 teenagers !!!!!!!

R I P flopsy, miss our cuddles xx

julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

great news about April laying and having a new >ch< friend!
Julie x
pegpuss
Lively Laner

Post by pegpuss »

Linda S wrote: yesterday we got Peggy Mitchel

Lol at the name....my surname really is Mitchell and we used to have a cat called Peggy (we rehomed her with the name already attached)....it always raised a smile or two in the vets waiting room when he called us in :-D :-D My internet user name of Pegpuss is actually in her memory {hug}

Good news that little April has a new sister, hope they settle in well together {hug}
Emma

Love my boy Sylvester and his current wives Beatrice, Gladys, Isabella, Juniper, Kitty, Lottie, Maud, Nora, Milly and Prudence. Gone but never forgotten Arabella, Clara, Dolly, Edwina, Florrie and Hilda.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Aww thats brill news. Two lonely little hens no more {hug}
LYN
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Its great just hhope they get on ok )t' and ive just gone out and got another egg and this one was still warm i think its Aprils but she dosnt shout about iy when she lays which im a bit surprised about knowing her :-D .Thanks for explaining about youre name Emma its lovely we were talking about that only last night and my hubby said why dont i ask about how people have come up with their names a new post do you think :-D Linda xx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Linda S wrote: .Thanks for explaining about youre name Emma its lovely we were talking about that only last night and my hubby said why dont i ask about how people have come up with their names a new post do you think :-D Linda xx

Great idea, I've often wondered too )t'
LYN
taffy1970
Lively Laner

Post by taffy1970 »

So sorry you had such bad luck with them {cry} but hopefully you wont be so unlucky next time around hey )t' such a shame when you get them all die :-(
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Taffy dont think i"ve wellcomed you yet :-D .I did think when i 1st got the girls if i lost any it might upset me to much to get anymore cause im as soft as a brush with my pets.Any way we are having some more girls next time its like several very wise people on this and from Fresh start for hens told me we can only do our best and give them a chance.Didnt stop me crying like a baby though )t' Linda
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
pegpuss
Lively Laner

Post by pegpuss »

aishakali wrote:
Linda S wrote: .Thanks for explaining about youre name Emma its lovely we were talking about that only last night and my hubby said why dont i ask about how people have come up with their names a new post do you think :-D Linda xx

Great idea, I've often wondered too )t'

Go on then...I've told, now it's your turn!!!!
Emma

Love my boy Sylvester and his current wives Beatrice, Gladys, Isabella, Juniper, Kitty, Lottie, Maud, Nora, Milly and Prudence. Gone but never forgotten Arabella, Clara, Dolly, Edwina, Florrie and Hilda.
shaznsqueaky
Lively Laner

Post by shaznsqueaky »

well done! I bet you are thrilled, I know we will be when we get our first egg! congrats to april!
taffy1970
Lively Laner

Post by taffy1970 »

Aww, Hello to you too, hopefully you will have a bit more luck with the May re-homing, hope your other two are getting on well and giving you some eggs xxx
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Taffy i think we will have to give this rehoming a miss because our coop is only big enough for 3 girls.We are converting an old wooden wendy house but its been constant rain here so havnt been able to get hardly a thing done framework for the run is done its so frustrating.I will have to wait till the last minute and see if any are available but i will be well ready for the next one.Fingers crossed the rain slows down the girls have hardly been in the garden its so wet and soggy a covered run is definatly on the cards Linda
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
taffy1970
Lively Laner

Post by taffy1970 »

Yes its been awful weather, i need to build mine a run also, just cannot get out in it at the moment!!! Yes it is frustrating! x