Elsie had a funny turn last night......

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Elsie had a funny turn last night......

Post by Benny&Co »

Oooh I might have to try the damping down too.

I've also noticed that they have made holes in their straw, to get through to the cold concrete flags underneath - clever little monkeys aren't they hey )t'

Since the other day, Elsie hasn't made an egg..... so we're down to one egg a day from three of them!
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.

lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Glad Elsie is feeling better Bev, one of my old girls was like that last week and I thought it wasn't going to have a happy ending but a couple of days later she was running around like mad )t'
Mine have stopped laying, getting 4 eggs a week from 18 now but it doesn't worry me, shop eggs aren't nearly as nice though {rofwl}
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh dear about your old lady too Lizzie {cry} the hot really does seem to trouble them doesn't it?

I said to myHubbly last night that we might have to buy eggs yike*

Can't remember the last time we bought them..... our girls eggs are so lovely though.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Good news - we got two eggs today :-D
Bev x

milli
Longlasting Laner

Post by milli »

Yay!! clever girls, see Bev they were just testing your nerve, and daring you to go to the shop for eggs :-D
15 ex batty girls, 2 rescue jack russels and one very naughty Shih Tzu puppy who rules the household!!!