A C V

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
mull
Learner Laner

A C V

Post by mull »

HOW OFTEN AND FOR HOW LONG DO I PUT ACV :oops: IN THE WATER OF MY CHICKENS /?? AND IS IT JUST A TONIC OR ARE NESSARY FOR HEALTH? >du<

jackian
Legendary Laner

Re: A C V

Post by jackian »

Hello and welcome .. )t' I only use it if I think they need a pick me up .Not all the time ,but I'm sure others know different
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

jackian wrote:Hello and welcome .. )t' I only use it if I think they need a pick me up .Not all the time ,but I'm sure others know different

I do the same )t'
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
silverback
Legendary Laner

Post by silverback »

ACV has various health benefits for chickens and poultry, there is loads of info on the web.
I would put 20ml of ACV per 1ltr of water, one week in four, just remember it is an acid, so would only use a plastic drinker not metal!. Oh, and don't buy the ACV in supermarkets, it's pasturised, get it from a horsey/animal feed supplier! )t' ..
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
mull
Learner Laner

Post by mull »

thank you i will plastic only and once every 4 to 6 weeks o k )t' )c(
Paulette
Learner Laner

Post by Paulette »

Can i ask at what age you start this. I have got some that i brought from the breeder but she didn't tell me at what age to start using it.
manda

Post by manda »

You can start whenever..they can have it in their water at any age )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Paulette
Learner Laner

Post by Paulette »

Thanks Manda. :-D