smells update

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
FURNYFARMER
Lively Laner

smells update

Post by FURNYFARMER »

ok so after having stalosan f recommended by several people i ordered a 1kg bag to try it out, i gave the run a fairly good sprinkling and it definately covered the smell up, but by the next morning the effects had gone and the smell was still pretty bad so i left it a couple of days and did it again and the next morning it was pretty much back to the same old smell. So does it take time to get absorbed until i get a good result? im going to put bark chips down aswell to see if the 2 combined will make it any better

Bren200
Lively Laner

Re: smells update

Post by Bren200 »

Hi, I use that powder & I also use jayes fluid. Just mix some jayes in a watering can & pour it around the out side of the run.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

If you could cover your run (if it's not already covered :? ) I think this would solve your problem. I sprinkle Biodri around the run now and again and also use very diluted Jeyes outside the run. Iv'e never had a problem with smells, so my daughter will confirm, as she has a nose like a blood hound and I have no sense of smell whatsoever >dum<
LYN
FURNYFARMER
Lively Laner

Post by FURNYFARMER »

what do you cover yours with?