Gertie has laid!

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Gertie has laid!

Post by Chookaholic »

My little fuzzy bum Gertie has laid her first little egg

it doesnt look very small next to crackers egg but is really wee and its the first time I ever said awwww to an egg! >ch< +f+

all im waiting for now is Vis blue contribution and maybe a dinky one off Agnes Pepperpot {hug}

Chicken drumstick
Longlasting Laner

Re: Gertie has laid!

Post by Chicken drumstick »

Well done )t'

Fuzzy bum is a orprington ?

Still none off any of my 5 yet the lazy lot ..lol..
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

Hurrah! I still get excited over every egg but the first might as well be made of gold . )app(
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chookaholic »

Hi Drummy , she is a Pekin Bantam (colour is buff) . She makes a sound like a little trumpet , doesnt sound like a chicken at all :-D she LOVES being picked up and cuddled and when she runs she does a little skip in the middle haha

Im sure your girls will lay soon and then youll have oodles of eggs and be showing us pics )t'

Jackian I have been helping my Daughter decorate her new home and egg checked when I got home: couldnt believe how tiny it was. I stood in the garden and cheered . The neighbours must think im having a meltdown :oops:

I always smile when i go out to get the eggs in and theres some in the coops but the first is special as i know theyre in working order and healthy: up until that first egg i worry bout them the most >ch< +f+
Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chookaholic »

having looked at pics im thinking she may be a wheaten as she has a slightly darker head and neck colouring Ive been on this site (as well as a million others) :

http://www.happyhens.me.uk/page2.htm

They have a good Pekin gallery and the wheaten definitely seems to be her to a T . Doesnt really matter I love her to tiny little pieces but she does have me intrigued.......................

What do the DTL members think ? I dont think I will ever know!
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Iv only just seen this post so well done Gertie you clever gorgeous girl :-D )app(

I havn't a clue what sort she is Chookaholic but im not suprised you love her to bits , shes a doll {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Chicken drumstick wrote:Well done )t'

Fuzzy bum is a orprington ?

Still none off any of my 5 yet the lazy lot ..lol..

I have 5 cream legbars coming up for 7 months old and not an egg between them.

Any chance Gertie could have words with them {rofwl}
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
Kaeta44
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kaeta44 »

Yay! Well done Gertie!
Mucky Cluckers – Tales from the chicken run. "An hilarious read" "Cried with laughter" "A really good read, I couldn't put it down". Buy this paperback from www.muckycluckers.co.uk

I'm Trish Colton on FB DTL
Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chookaholic »

Thanks everyone

I have gone through a lot of sites pages etc and i m convinced she is a wheaten or wheaton on some sites. Like i said it makes no difference to me she is my little cuddly fuzzy bum .

i would never have picked a pekin bantam myself and now i wouldnt be without her she is wonderful >ch< +f+
Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kuikentje »

Clever Gertie. She sounds so cute. I think my last girl has laid her first egg today, it's still a thrill every time I see an egg, but that first one is special.
Life's too short to quarrel