Daisy is gone...

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
TheGreatEgg
Lively Laner

Daisy is gone...

Post by TheGreatEgg »

I'm completely perplexed. The ducks and chickens have been out all day and we know for sure that she was here at dinner time as she was chasing the ducks. I went to shut everyone in about an hour ago and she is just gone! I suppose it could have been a fox, but would be strange as the back garden is all fenced 6-8 ft high and we would have heard the commotion - house is all open plan, three sets of french doors all open... The garden is covered in white feathers anyway as the ducks are loosing baby feathers - so no clues there. I hope she has just found a small gap and wondered off for a while and is roosting and will wander back home tomorrow. Poor girl. Not the brightest of chooks, but a real sweetie who loves/d a bath and blow dry. {cry}

Katiee
Lively Laner

Re: Daisy is gone...

Post by Katiee »

so sorry.let's hope she has gone for brief expedition and decides to come home soon. {hug}
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi

They can hide and sleep in the strangest of places.

She could be....up a tree, in a Shed, inside the house etc.

I've found them nestling in amongst the Coal Bunker, on my Bicycle handlebar and once, behind the Sofa.

So, wouldn't give up yet, but I do hope she's OK.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
ChrisandClare
Learner Laner

Post by ChrisandClare »

Hi

Fingers crossed she has gone for a wander and just didn't make it back before bedtime.

We lost one of our new girls a couple of weeks ago.

She had gone for a wander. Managed to make it up the track and across a busy main road before settling down in someone's garden as she had misjudged the return journey before dusk arrived.

We got her back 3 days later! The look on my little girls face said it all.

Unfortunately for Puddles. Our light Sussex Peppa had taken over as top chick and they fought for the first day back.

Hope your escape artist reappears with that "have you missed me" expression they seem to have when they run up to you.
TheGreatEgg
Lively Laner

Post by TheGreatEgg »

Well still no Daisy today. I can't help but think she has wondered off somewhere. Having had a better look at the white feathers all over our garden I can't see any of Daisies and surely if she had been snatched by a fox there would be at least one stray feather?? Anyway, send some positive vibes our way. Finger's crossed she'll wander back home soon!
Aspasia
Lively Laner

Post by Aspasia »

Fingers crossed for you and Daisy, Egg. It must be really stressful for you.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

I hope Daisy retuns safe snd sound you must be very worried about her {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TheGreatEgg
Lively Laner

Post by TheGreatEgg »

She's back!! Two nights gone and we just found her free ranging in the garden like nothing happened. :-D Have had a quick exam and she is perfectly fine, just wanted to see what else was around I guess. I'm so pleased. I think the not knowing what had happened would have been horrible for me. Now just need to figure out where she escaped from and patch that up so it doesn't become a habit! >ch<
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Brilliant news!
She's obviously found out that the grass isn't always greener on the other side )t'
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Wozzer
Lively Laner

Post by Wozzer »

So pleased she's home )t'
tomato
Lively Laner

Post by tomato »

oh wow, so pleased for you and Daisy of course. )t'
Jacqui xxx

Always remembering my lost girls, now at Rainbow Bridge. :)
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

If there is a way out they do learn it. But don't seem to remember it as a 'way in'. When mine escape from the flimsy moveable run ( which is outside the fixed run) I often see them running round and round the outside trying to get in.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Brilliant news )t' Maybe Daisy should become a Dora {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/