Any last minute advice?

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Any last minute advice?

Post by Mo »

Did he say how old they are? How big are their combs. Maybe not a good time of year for eggs but lets hope one starts soon (our Bluebell was a bit slow to get going)
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire

PixieDust
Lively Laner

Post by PixieDust »

They are just coming up to 19 weeks. He thinks the Bluebell may lay soon.
4 Girls Arrive 15th November 2014
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

My Bluebelle despite being the biggest of the flock was the last to start laying, so be patient )t' And oooo, a Columbine - they lay a olive green/blue egg ... I was tempted to get some but I heard they are very flighty and when I visited the farm to buy some feed, I wandered into the shed where they keep the stock to have a peek just as a couple were buying some. The owner had to use a big net to catch them (normally they catch them by hand or corner them into special runs) which put me off them.

Good luck with the new girls, and have lots of fun. Don't forget to )piicy(
PixieDust
Lively Laner

Post by PixieDust »

This one was easily picked up but will probably be a bit of a card when it's older. The one that escaped when he opened the cage thing was typically the White Star. That liked us too but I am too novice for one so flighty lol
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

I have had my Bluebell since January and she started laying in March. She has only missed 3 days since,
The only thing is she is so nervous and thinks I am the wicked witch and hides when I go into the garden..She is beautiful though and I would gladly get another.

Jackie x
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
PixieDust
Lively Laner

Post by PixieDust »

So far it's the Light Sussex and the Columbine who are nervy. The Light Sussex more so.
manda

Post by manda »

Lovely lovely lovely :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny