Picking Up a Chicken

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
manda

Post by manda »

My girls eat anything that happens to walk in their path!! We have fruit trees and they just eat whatever's fallen until they are fed up with it..don't monitor them they kinda do that themselves.
The all come to he call which if they are a bit away I think is hilarious because they come swooping down the garden like they're terrified they are going to be missing out something fantastic.
Recently discovered they really like porridge made with water..well it was a cold day and I thought they might like somenthing warm for brekkie..hey I wasn't wrong..all munched up in no time! Better than the dead mouse they got very excited about yike*

Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

Oh no! Would or did they eat the dead mouse????
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Le Chant wrote: I also gave them some melon this morning which they scoffed!

If you are eating melon, save them the seeds. They love them.

Manda, you said
they come swooping down the garden like they're terrified they are going to be missing out something fantastic

Mine do too, their wings flapping as if they were just about to take off.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Mine too Mo. So lovely to see.
They have devoured most of the frogs. Even a dead goldfish the heron left behind yuk!!
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

I was so pleased when my ladies became realy tame and followed us around like lap dogs.... Now I try to sneek into the 'back end' of the garden without them seeing me because the minute they do they break into a gallop and try to beat me to the gate we've had to put up to stop them getting through the flower garden onto the patio and into the kitchen!! If they do manage to get to the kitchen door (which is glass) they get so anoyed if I dont open it and start making a horrendous racket and pecking the glass!! Like a scene from Hitchcocks 'the birds' :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: yike*
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Picking Up a Chicken

Post by AnnaB »

Willow
Don't you get a lovely warm feeling when the follow you. I find that the trust they bestow (from what they were used to - ex battery) on us just wonderful.