Buying Chicken feed online

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
VickyA
Learner Laner

Buying Chicken feed online

Post by VickyA »

Does anyone buy their feed online ? I have had a look but as far as I can see the delivery costs are very high which I can understand bearing in mind the weight of feed.

I am finding it difficult because I have had to give up my driving licence for medical reasons - I have epilepsy and won't be able to drive for at least a year. My husband can take me but it wold be great if I could get feed delivered.

Does anyone get their feed delivered ? I am in Birmingham but don't know if any local suppliers offer delivery - I am quite happy to pay but just not the charges from internet suppliers who cover the whole country.

Vicky

plopcar
Longlasting Laner

Re: Buying Chicken feed online

Post by plopcar »

You you try your local pet shop and ask if they can order it in for you ? Or do you have a country / farm store near that would deliver for less ?
Keeper (slave) and feeder to 3 small humans, 1 Jack Russell, 1 elderly cat, 2 goldfish, 5 fat hens and 6 little chicks.
Hanleyswan
Lively Laner

Post by Hanleyswan »

Try good old fashioned yellow pages!!

I did a few weeks ago as I was trying to find a supplier of a particular dog food. I found someone who delivers to your house for free, local area only obviously, but worth a look. )t'
Alison
3 children, 2 dogs, 5 hens (RIP Tilly, Dylis and Princess Layer) 2 guinea pigs and one wonderful husband!
valerie
Learner Laner

Post by valerie »

hi Vicky i get my chicken food delived i just phone my petshop and no delivery charge val.
redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

valerie wrote:hi Vicky i get my chicken food delived i just phone my petshop and no delivery charge val.

Our local pet shop delivers free of charge too. I don't use it, but serveral of my elderly neighbours get their pet supplies delivered )t'
Slave to 3 children, 1 Greyhound, 1 Cat, 4 rescued hens and a very patient hubby x
R.I.P: Ellie, Phoebe, Tikka

Freshstart for hens collection point Aylesbury, Bucks
foghornleghorn2
Legendary Laner

Post by foghornleghorn2 »

A lot of pet shops keep pellets and corn etc. Some sell it loose by the kilo as well as in the big bags.
[center]Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit[/center]

Calm down dear ! It's only a forum
millymollymandy

Post by millymollymandy »

Try flytesofancy.co.uk

They have a range of feeds and one range, that I get which is specifically created for ex-bats and mine seem to thrive on it. I add grit to it and touch wood have perfect eggs. They also do other treats and things - I get dried mealworms - they go crazy for them.

The company deliver and if you are not in are happy to leave it in a designated area - and deliver quickly and reliably.