MR FOX & GEESE

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
portisheadgirls
Learner Laner

MR FOX & GEESE

Post by portisheadgirls »

Hi, me again. Just a thought?? Next door neighbours have geese, which as we know are pretty stroppy birds. However, would they deter foxes?

You are going to get so fed up with me and questions!

manda

Re: MR FOX & GEESE

Post by manda »

Well I don't think the geese will stop a fox going for your chickens but they will make plenty of noise if they see one and feel threatened....depends how hungry the fox is as to whether it would take it's chance with a goose
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
cluckyclaire
Longlasting Laner

Post by cluckyclaire »

Doesn't work 100%. Our eletric fence failed a couple of months ago (sheep managed to kill it) and the fox visited 2 nights in a row getting a couple of ducks each night (ducks and geese loose in the field as can't get them to go into a house to bed!) The geese made a racket both times but don't know if it was the geese or us going outside that scared of the fox.

Claire
teddymouse
Longlasting Laner

Post by teddymouse »

a few years ago i lost a trio of gesse to a fox, and last summer a farmer friend lost a goose to one and it was big bird, it dragged the body across two fields. {cry}
angie
why is it these days that common sense and common decency aren't that common?????