Heck weather!!

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
TURFEY21
Lively Laner

Heck weather!!

Post by TURFEY21 »

Gosh I am down in the far South West and the weather we had yesterday was horrendous. Hubby was in Bristol and it was clear :shock:

Got home at 1pm and went out to check the ladies, it was thundering and lightening, blowing a hoolly and belting down with rain.

Dear if them sheltered snuggly in their waterproof run with a huge bale of straw.

I thought right lets sort them up some goodies ie Pasta, sweetcorn, corn on cobs, sunflower hearts etc to keep them busy.

However today was all dry and they loved it - the amount of worms the ground had turned up ha ha

Don't like this really horrible weather - where is the indian summer!

p.penn

Re: Heck weather!!

Post by p.penn »

In India I think as it's deffo not here!

It's awful isn't it? )gr:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
TURFEY21
Lively Laner

Post by TURFEY21 »

Yes and it has just started to tip down with rain again :-(
Fuffy
Longlasting Laner

Post by Fuffy »

Yup
Force 10 in Jersey yesterday!!!! We know it's bad when they stop the boats! :shock:

Luckily not much rain though. )t'
Much calmer today - Can take the balls and chains off my chooks )c( )c( )c(
3 hens, a cockerel, a very confused crowing hen, 3 labradors, a cat, 1 show cob and a shetland and 3 bouncing baby buffy girls
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

yep sun is out today and the wind has dropped )t'
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
wendy

Post by wendy »

Well, ater a most horrendous day yesterday. This morning is positively beautiful.
So nice, I am considering putting the parrots out in the aviary.
Don't tell me there is no such thing as global warning, this weather is weird !!
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
mell
Lively Laner

Post by mell »

im in eastbourne in the south east.another awful day,just got back after walking the dog,thought i would poo pick the girls house and the heavens opened.....yet again!!rain wind and hail stones,my birthday was yesterday and that was a rubbish weather day! i hate the winter,summer all year round and i would be happy and my girls,they look miserable today! hope its better where you are eh? mellx {cry}
new mad chicken woman joining you guys. hello to you all,this sites a great help so i thought id join up.mellx
perchy

Post by perchy »

Am excited this morning :-D as we have some blue sky, I will probably spend the morning tidying up the garden and retrieving taurpaulin and bits that have been blown around the garden yike* will get the staple gun out and secure the taurpaulin, cannot face chasing that again, the girls seem happier this morning after yesterday and have had two eggs already today )eat( breakfast for me. My sister is in kent and says it is pouring down and her garden is in a state. {cry} happy birthday for yesterday, at least you will remember it even if it is for the bad weather, lets hope things brighten up soon!
mell
Lively Laner

Post by mell »

Thanks perchy,bit of blue sky coming over now at last! i enjoyed my birthday even though the weather was sooooo bad.just want it cold and dry,hate wet sundays.hope you get sorted and it stays dry for you.mellx )t'
new mad chicken woman joining you guys. hello to you all,this sites a great help so i thought id join up.mellx
oopsadiddly
Lively Laner

Post by oopsadiddly »

mell wrote: and the heavens opened.....yet again!!rain wind and hail stones, {cry}

Gosh! I'm in Kent and at the moment the sun is shining and the air is still. Do hope it's not heading my way! Happy Birthday for yesterday though :-D
perchy

Post by perchy »

Hooray Mel have been blowing the blue sky your way glad its getting there, :-D
TURFEY21
Lively Laner

Post by TURFEY21 »

Fuffy wrote:Yup
Force 10 in Jersey yesterday!!!! We know it's bad when they stop the boats! :shock:

Luckily not much rain though. )t'
Much calmer today - Can take the balls and chains off my chooks )c( )c( )c(

Glad we did not have that weather a few weeks ago, we were over in Jersey and then Guernsey for a week - just amazing, reminds me so much of Cornwall
TURFEY21
Lively Laner

Post by TURFEY21 »

Well today was just amazing, the ladies were really happy and were telling everybody who would or wouldn't listen ha ha.

I went out on a lovely 2 hour hack around the countryside it was so peaceful especially after yesterday's weather - although it is 10pm now and it is tipping down again :-(
beulah59
Longlasting Laner

Post by beulah59 »

The bad weather is due to continue for a few days yet ... my girls are sheltering in the greenhouse .... although part of the roof blew off so it's not as sheltered as it was!
mell
Lively Laner

Post by mell »

my girls are fed up with this lousy weather....so am i !!! {mr.angry} )dwn: