is this normal?

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
mumoffour
Lively Laner

is this normal?

Post by mumoffour »

looked in the coop earlier and my 2 new chooks where crammed together and underneath was my polish girl she looked like they were squashing her is this bullying or normal behaviour? polish has always been lowest in pecking order and the other 2 are being bullied but they only joined the others a few days ago . dont want to go in and see her dead cos they have sqaushed her but dont want to worry if this is normal behaviour

perchy

Re: is this normal?

Post by perchy »

+confused+ I have no idea to be honest, are they snuggling to keep warm? or trying to lay?
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

As Perchy says, they may just be snuggling up. They are unlikely to be bullying if it is past bedtime.

On the other hand, perhaps they just haven't noticed her...... :shock:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Very Normal for my lot )t' They all want the same space, even though they are in a shed. My 2 bantams sleep on top of eachother. They should be fine. Don't worry )t'
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
mumoffour
Lively Laner

Post by mumoffour »

thank you ,it wasnt bedtime they were just in the nest box during the day as long as noone is hurting her ill not worry then
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Prolly in the queue to lay but too impatient or touching feathers iykwim
Mine had 2 in the nest - topped and tailed - but both layed and none were shifting!