Cost of Layers Pellets?

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Re: Cost of Layers Pellets?

Post by bluebell »

I am with Granny, twice I've had to change feed supply due to the fact they have introduced GM derivatives and artificial yolk enhancer - grrr {mr.angry}

As far as I am aware there is no VAT of feedstuffs.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

When we first started our chicken keeping journey, I fed them on the organic feed from Omlet (where we got everything from originally) - this was £9 for 10kgs!!! {warn}

Then since about last October, we've been giving them Allen & Page free range pellets at £8.50 for 20kgs and they've been absolutely fine with that :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Prices are going up Last Oct £6.49 for 20kg.
dec £6.47
Jan £6.99
last week £7.27
Same brand.
Plus petrol for a 10 mile trip to the nearest feedstore.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Smallholder
Lively Laner

Post by Smallholder »

Over in West London, I'm now paying £8.75 a sack from the local family run garden and feed centre :(

Although popped in to our local Pets@Home recently to get some R.O. water for my aquarium and was going to grab a sack of layers pellet whilst I was there, decided not to bother when I saw the price tag yike* £10.49!

Maybe we should start a group feed distribution order, buy in bulk by area and arrange collection points lol (If only it was possible, saying that though if anyone else is Isleworth/Twickenham borders, please let me know as we may be able to get as deal for bulk orders )t' )
Best regards, Smallholder
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

The prices of my pellets etc went up after Xmas..maybe it wasn't the VAT but maybe the seller took advantage to put it up anyway? :-D
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
coco
Learner Laner

Post by coco »

I am paying 10.99 for a 20kg sack of smallholder pellets, corn is about 4.50 a 20kg bag. My local pet shop charges 12.99 for Dodson and Horrell pellets. I'm in North Wales
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

We get ours from a country store that is part of the company makes all sorts of animal feedstuffs and they say that it is the raw materials that have gone up in price that has lead to the higher prices of the finished product.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
chicken_house_man
Lively Laner

Post by chicken_house_man »

Raw materials are going up and fuel prices are going up (livestock feeds are zero vat so that hasn't effected the prices).
Hintza
Lively Laner

Post by Hintza »

[quote="Smallholder"
Maybe we should start a group feed distribution order, buy in bulk by area and arrange collection points lol [/quote]

Great in theory and I tried this with Skinners dog food via a national beating club. All I discovered is virtually everyone fed something different was just a non starter.

Having said that Id be willing to try again in my area with pellets, corn or Skinners.
3 Speckeldy, 2 Speckeldy boys, 2 Speckeldy Offspring girls, 6 White Stars, 1 Cream Legbar. 2 Cuckoo Marans, 1 Black Copper Marans (The Delinquent:- BOY!!), 1 Barnevelder, 6 Hyline, 2 Minorca.