Lame Luna:-(

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
scbrice
Lively Laner

Lame Luna:-(

Post by scbrice »

Luna one of my ex-batts is lame today :-( Can't see anything obvious although she is abit tender when you press her leg gently, she is walking around but looking sorry for herself and keeps sitting down. Anything I can do? Assume she must have fallen off a perch or something?
Owned by 1 Crazy Welsh Springer Spaniel 'Olive' and 3 ex-batts, the HP clan (Hermione, Ginny and Luna!) a Reverse Sussex called Fleur and Poppy the Blue Ranger! RIP Hedwig

Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: Lame Luna:-(

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Assuming she's bruised/strained it, if you have any Arnica cream, you can rub that in to ease the pain and help reduce bruising/swelling )t'
Dom
Ali Woks My World
LynneP
DTL Facebook Admin

Post by LynneP »

...and whenever there is leg trauma, adding Vitamin D3 to the water helps in the healing. One way is to add a few drops of cod liver oil, or buy a small bottle of liquid baby vitamins, the kind without added iron, and put a few drops in the water for a week or so.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
~Emily Dickinson

http://goldenhillsfarm.blogspot.com/201 ... -farm.html
scbrice
Lively Laner

Post by scbrice »

Thanks for the replys:-) Today she is still abit lame but much improved and was still stratching around the run when I let them out:-) Hopefully she'll be back to normal very soon :-D
Owned by 1 Crazy Welsh Springer Spaniel 'Olive' and 3 ex-batts, the HP clan (Hermione, Ginny and Luna!) a Reverse Sussex called Fleur and Poppy the Blue Ranger! RIP Hedwig