Getting soooo excited

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
sandy
Legendary Laner

Getting soooo excited

Post by sandy »

Offically retired end of Feb but staying on for 3 days one week , one day the next to fill in gaps. So pension and some pay )t' So what am I going to spend some money on, the girls of course. Finally found a carpenter who is going to repair the roof and decided while he is at it to have an extension. I had 2 girls for 2 1/2 years, 4 girls for 11 months and now 5 girls for the past month and after 3 1/2 years of lots of wonderful ups and terrible downs I am overwhelmed with chickenitus :-D I have even splashed out on a eglu. Fingers crossed it dosent rain, am still redesigning now. There will not be piccies because I am extremely +confused+
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

silverback
Legendary Laner

Re: Getting soooo excited

Post by silverback »

Well done Sandy, and enjoy your retirement )t' , you've earned it!.. )app(
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
MaxyMac
Lively Laner

Post by MaxyMac »

Hey Sandy,

Congrats on your retirement!

Just think how much chicken watching you can do now. I had a day off of work last week and spent almost all of it in the garden just watching and listening to the girls chatting and chooking away to each other.

Enjoy )t' xx
Happiness is a warm chicken in your lap, a comb tickling your chin and an egg in your tummy!
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Well done you!!!Look forward to catching up more on the forum!!!!!!(if i can overcome the >dum< when it comes to posting pics then anyone can!!!!)
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

We can help you with pictures :-D
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Have a very happy retirement :-D
LYN
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Good for you Sandy and looking forward to hearing and seeing all about your new set up :-D :-D :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
barvic
Learner Laner

Post by barvic »

Sandy, its a great feeling being retired i too retired last year, we got 4 chooks and its the best thing done on both counts, the chooks are so amusing,enjoy your retirement.
regards barvic.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Enjoy your retirement, Sandy, and your girls.
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

Can feel the excitment in your post. )t'
How great for you, I have two years to go as have to wait till 62 }hairout{
Enjoy your new set up I do understand your chickenitus as we both have a terrrible case of it here, I was only saying to my other half this morning I could not believe how much I would love my girls.
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

Hi

I'm a newbie - semi-retired but moving to the country in a couple of months. Chickens - here I come!

My handyman is building my run - and he's already told me that I should work on the assumption that if I start with 5 I'll have 15 by this time next year!

Enjoy the retirement - I too am working a little bit to supplement the pension. And pay for chicken-related improvements to the new house,.,
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Oh Think thats not fair, 'girls' who joined pre 74 are able to go at 55 so I am very lucky :-D The existing roof took all morning to come off and my did it stink. Builder has replaced all holdups(you can see I am not an architect) and rebuilt so it will slant. There are some big gaps after a hard days work but he was at it from 7.30 to 4.30 with only a 15 minute break so tonight Deirdre who has only been with me for 1 month and 1 day will have to lay in the chicken cottage with the prefects )scare( +I have only just stopped working, blitzing all cupboards and wardrobes so after this will sit and see my fav coach trip live then supervise night time arrangements. Thanks for kind words, update tomorrow )c(
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Sounds great )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

)c( )app(
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Abbie usually sleeps on her own in the cottage but last night she had the other 4 in with her. OMG Deirdre was so upset, she has only been with me for a month and had to learn to live away from her original home without her 2 sisters and now she has to sleep in another bedroom! She couldn't get the hang of the ladder so put her in, when I went to check she was perching on the top step. As frost was due lifted her gently in with the others. The roof is on but a slight gap, big enough for a squirrel as builder has risen original height and needs to let >dum< settle so girls will be sleeping in cottage again tonight. What is rather odd is since they have had less space today then usual Iris has stopped being really nasty to Deirdre. Left them enjoying the upturned tree trunks as the supporting poles have been moved to reveal a feast of creepy crawlies while its still light.