Good Luck for Tomorrows F.S.F.H.Rehoming Aceface and Davina

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Good Luck for Tomorrows F.S.F.H.Rehoming Aceface and Davina

Post by Linda S »

Good luck ladies and any other members and F.S.F.H volunters I have missed for the Fresh Start For Hens rehoming rescue for tomorrow. )t' :-D

I know how hard you all work to get these girls to their new homes and you all have my greatest respect for what you do for these lovely girls {hug}

My lovely girls are enjoying thier lives because of eveyone at F.S.F.H. so thankyou all {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you

Chicken drumstick
Longlasting Laner

Re: Good Luck for Tomorrows F.S.F.H.Rehoming Aceface and Dav

Post by Chicken drumstick »

Hi Linda

Which area are they re homing in at the weekend ?

http://free-at-last.org.uk/

I dont want any at the moment as i got 4 from happy chicks who re home from local battery farms they go in the day before and get as many as they can then settle them at there place for a week before finding new homes they are a fiver each to cover there costs .

Do they rescue them all year around ...they must do ?

My job is seasonal i would gladly help out as a volunteer over winter .

Well done to them )t'
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Chicken Drumstick the best thing to do is look at the Fresh Start for Hens website, i cant do links but it will come up if you type it in )t'

F.S.F.H do several rescues a year and i think this is the last one for this year, its always on the site a few weeks before the actual day.
The way it is run iis that you reserve your hens and pay the donation before the day and you choose which collection point you want to go to , and there a quite a few all over the country
The volunteers work really hard, they have drivers who go to the farms to collect the girls and drop them off at the collection points, and many other selfless people behind the scenes {hug}

There is a part on the website where you can volunteer to help, so you can check it out and good luck {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Chicken drumstick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken drumstick »

Thanks Linda {hug}

Joined the site just waiting for approval !

My neighbours son is interest in getting some chickens ....hopefully he will get 50 / 50 ex bats and the New younger chooks for eggs .

For me it was all about re homing some ex bats but bought 2 pullets locally but the bats have more personality and seem to know they have been rescued somehow >shrug< .

Mine was watching me digging out there bigger run and hand feeding a few earth worms each while the two youngsters went to bed , i,m convinced the ex bats are making up for lost time they are first up and last back in and when i finish there new run it will have a more stimulateing enviroment
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Thank Linda.
Are you running a collection point ?
[center][/center]Davina
perchy

Post by perchy »

Good luck guys and glas, if only they knew how their lives will have changed by tonight {hug}

)app(

>ch< {hug&kiss}
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

Well done all of you )t' I have never had any myself but will consider it in the future ..Oh if only I had more space .
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Go well everyone.

Doing a great job.

Richard >ch< >ch< )c(
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
RuthieG
Lively Laner

Post by RuthieG »

I got 2 ex-bats from this rescue yesterday, I'm in love with them already {hug}
https://www.facebook.com/1500Kilometers my 1500 km journey to a more healthy me!
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

thank you everyone for the well wishes all went well although we were a little soggy the hens were beautiful very lively and healthy and can you believe it neither big al nor myself went home with any hens {rofwl} now that is a first ,al rehomed a turkey and two cockerels aswell and my little tommy nutkin my baby banty went home with a new mommy and daddy too to a flock all of his own I was in tears to see him go {cry} and miss him ever so much but he needed to do what cockerels do best with a flock of his own so it was only fair but he was the last of my babies to flee the nest bless him ,he is doing well and in love with a duck >dum< apparently {rofwl}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx