And so,the fun. Begins.

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

And so,the fun. Begins.

Post by secret squirrel »

Collected 3 new girls at the weekend. 2 Nick Browns and a Churchmans Geeno Blue, a brand new hybrid developed by the supplier where she came from. lays bluey free eggs. Already had a brown egg from one of the girls and a blue one from the Geeno Blue.

They are all sleeping nicely together and separate in the day. Let them out this morning and before I had chance to divide them into their separate areas, my Sussex, (iris)' went in for a "hack" on two of the new girls.
The babies, being 17 weeks, were not quite sure what hit them. Poor things.
Natural of course, being chickens but the bit I dislike the most. :?
Ho hum, plough on.
Now she's "top hen", Iris has become really feisty to,the point of being a bully, which I will have to watch. Good job I went with my squirty bottle. Was very useful.
Lorna
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.

albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: And so,the fun. Begins.

Post by albertajune »

I'm sure they will all find their places eventually but hate to see bullying. Hopefully by the end of the week, peace will reign. )t'
They sound an interesting mix, so don't forget to put up the pics.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Post by secret squirrel »

Will put some lpics on FB. Very hard to transfer them from a tablet to photo bucket then onto here, unfortunately.m {hug} l
Hopefully they will settle soon. Hate seeing the little ones roughed up. Chickens don't hold back do they ?
Lorna {hug}
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

You're right there Lorna, they sure don't hold back during introductions and if they feel like being nasty afterwards too! Little tinkers!

Wishing you all the best {hug&kiss}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.