Check your house deeds........

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Don Roberto
Legendary Laner

Check your house deeds........

Post by Don Roberto »

Hey folks, I haven't been on this section for some time. Yesterday we finally got our house deeds back from our building society, and upon perusal, we found that we had been sort of breaking local by laws. The deeds said that no house owner can keep pigeons, poultry or rabbits on the aforementioned property. We kept chickens for about six months in ignorance of these facts, and we could have gotten some earache from the local council, and possibly fined as well. So good folks, before getting your little feathery bundles of joy, just check your deeds, because you don't want to become a desperate criminal like me. (look at me Ma, top o the woild. You'll never take me alive copper.) Cheers me dears......... )wav(
Treat each new day as if it were your last, because one day you will be right.

tosca100
Lively Laner

Re: Check your house deeds........

Post by tosca100 »

We had a covenant on our deeds which said we couldn't keep chickens, but when we looked in to it it would have been difficult to enforce because I grew a lot of our veg and the chooks were for food (eggs anyway). I did ask the neighbours if they minded and gave them eggs when we had spare.
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/
Chicken drumstick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken drumstick »

Dont even know where our deeds are ..lol..

Keep ya heads down everyone and keep smiling , the council will be lucky to get a penny out of me in the way of a fine i,m skint {rofwl}
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Don there was a piece on here not long ago that implied any person was allowed to let livestock be on their land and you just know I wont be able to find it dont you?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

After 27 years in a house where I thought I couldn't keep chickens we finally moved 18 molnths or so ago and I got the chickens before the house renovation was completed!

On talking to our solicitor he told me that the "no chickens, no burning bricks in a kiln" restrictions were very out of date and these days would not stand up in court unless I was causing a nuisance. Twenty-seven wasted years!
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chookaholic »

They can take my land but theyll never take my CHICKENS!!!!!!