M1 eglu andM2 eglu

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
juilly
Lively Laner

M1 eglu andM2 eglu

Post by juilly »

Hi all. So I now have my preloved M1 eglu classic with wooden perches and the mesh bottom. I now want to change out the wood for plastic. Looking on omlets website and all the plastic ones say for the M2. I've seen loads of threads about people switching out wood for plastic though. Has anyone done it and what's the difference? Thank you :-D
proud new mummy to Dolly, Molly, Hetty, Betty and Holly (who accidentally jumped into the box!) :)

jackian
Legendary Laner

Re: M1 eglu andM2 eglu

Post by jackian »

I know nothing about Eglus but I have gone from a wooden coup to a recycled plastic one and it is the best decision for a long time , as we had red mite in our wooden one and had to put a hammer to it. Plastic is so easy to clean and does not have the nooks and crannies a wooden one has and will last for years . .

Jackie x
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
TheGreatEgg
Lively Laner

Post by TheGreatEgg »

I have no idea about this, but would suggest asking on the Omlet forum or just phoning up Omlet to ask - I've heard nothing but good things about their customer service.
chicks&cats
Legendary Laner

Post by chicks&cats »

I would just check the sizes of the perching areas. I know my eglu came with plastic perching areas, two blocks one nearly square for the front then an oblong one at the back. I would guess they would be the same size, as you say others have just swapped them over, but maybe worth calling them to double check?