Poultry Tonic....Anyone used this one?

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Katiee
Lively Laner

Poultry Tonic....Anyone used this one?

Post by Katiee »

Am still looking for something to help two of my ladies with their laying issues!! So when I popped into my local pet shop, I noticed tubs of poultry tonic labelled The Matrix. It's a general poultry tonic but seemed to have lots of minerals and grit etc. I was surprised to find a solid shell waiting for me at 7am! The oyster shell grit has helped until now but isn't consistent. And Katy doesn't seem to have eggs on her agenda at all.. She went on "holiday " last Nov and hasn't returned.She was only 2years old then ( none are ex batts )!! So has anyone else used this product and what's your opinion? Thanks :-D

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: Poultry Tonic....Anyone used this one?

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi ,never used it . My latest trick is to go to Leigh on sea cockle sheds and take a large carry a bag of small bitys and pieces . Leave in a container to help themselves to and throw some mixed grit (shells and stone chips) around the run and garden for them to scratch about in. Nature dictates when and how often girls lay there eggs. Probably why farmers get rid of their girls after 18 months . I only got 10 eggs yesterday from 34 girls . But for sure it does not harm the girls to eat theready made stuff.If she is health then not a problem . If sick it has to be a vet / medicines ,depending on what you have to hand.
best luck and wishes .
I am told they can live to be 8 years old. Wonder if any body has kept a girl that long .
bob