Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by sandy »

Just a quickie, carers just rang to say broken uncle's keylock, why are they ringing me }hairout{ Have to go over there now and contact social worker which is their job, ok rant over but I do not want to go out have kept today for looking after new girls. Georgina is eating and drinking Ruby has just had a dustbath but Gwen is only drinking a bit wont eat today. Brought her up house but just stands looking poorly. She has put herself in the eglu so not hopeful she will still be with us when I get home
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

sarabee
Legendary Laner

Post by sarabee »

Oh I do hope you are wrong Sandy. C'mon little Gwen.
Hope your Uncle is OK too.
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Brilliant hubbie, 2 great teenagers, Sasha the elderly dog and Fin, the evil but loveable cat! 3 chickens; Dottie, Gaia, and Buttercup
Night night Rhoda xx
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

>fi< Fingers crossed Gwen rallies to enjoy her new home {hug}
LYN
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Bless thier little bald bits they sound like they made themselves at home quick sharp :-D
How is little Gwen today Sandy I hope shes ok {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello, didn't take photos yesterday as worried about Gwen, today work so wont over load Richard's software tonight. Last night Gwen still moping around, Amanda-Jayne full of liquid and very smelly and quiet and Olive mucky bum again. Put on the lights to sort out the second two ladies and Gwen sprung into life. Aha electric lighting of course she must be used to that. She ate her body weight in exbatty crumbs bless then drank half the water feeder :-D The 'big girls' were not too impressed and trundled upto bed wondering why the lights were on. I had spent most of the day outside, gave Gwen a hot water bottle under her rear but bless she and her two sisters are terrified of me but I persevered and when I finally got in the house I was shaking and felt awlful so had to go to bed at 8.00 pm. This morning two softies one in the cube one in the cottage but in batty quarters another egg each from Ruby and Georgina and what perfect little eggs they are too. Got in from work tonight anxious mummy and there were the 3 batties doing their normal chickeny things. I do think Ruby was actually rescued from a circus, she leaps about on the trunks and the cotton reel and dustbathes like fury. Georgie and Gwen scracthed about tonight like good uns. Gwen is so tiny, I thougth my Iris was a little girl but she is 3 times the size. Ruby was sumo wrestling against the wire with Olive who turned around and sumo'd with Betty, BIG MISTAKE she soon back down and then Olive sumo'd with her mate Beryl >coc< Harmony soon was restored reckon they are very confused the middle of their home is not accessible to them yet.Getting the water out of batty quarters wonder woman Betty ran in, she scoffed some crumbs looked at the 3 surprised girls then ran back out again. The girls had to be put ot bed again tonight, what fun they run about in the dark bless them
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

I can just picture it all like one of those manic silent movies Sandy {rofwl} looking again i can see how tiny she is to the other two bruisers. Our Faith is like that shes all long legs and tiny body we call her roadrunner shes so darn fast and bless her she has laid everyday since she came home in october, they are little wonder women these girls {hug} Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

You are so right Linda, I have had girls since 2008 but these are my first batties and they make my girls look like giants. I just keep smiling knowing where they are now upto where they were last week. Of course they have middle names, yes all my girls do, only gave them the names yesterday, Ruby Tuesday,Georgina Gabrielle and I decided to give Gwen the middle name of Xena to give her strength.
Sara, yes uncle sorted out thanks, tehy had broken the key why did they just not ask where the spare was >coc<

Bridgets Mum
Longlasting Laner

Post by Bridgets Mum »

Wow Sandy, just had a read of the last few pages of your thread. Will have a serious look at more tomorrow. What a brilliant set up, your chickies must be overwhelmed by the gorgeousness of it all. Your newbies do look like they've had a rough time but now they're with you (and separate from the baying raptors {rofwl} ) they'll surely be magically transformed. Ooooh I do like a happy chicken story and your girls are definitely in happy land.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Glad things are ok with your new girls Sandy :-D Made me laugh Olive sumo'd to Betty, Big mistake {rofwl} Heidi forgot herself and pecked boss Sal a while ago, the look on her face when she realised was priceless! talk about embarassed, she just slunk away {rofwl} You will love having batties and will be wondering why you didn't take the plunge before (and prob add to them too :-D ), enjoy the little beauties ! {hug}
LYN
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Bless you Sandy for giving your lovely ex-batty ladies a forever home {hug} and I love the names you've given them.

I bet they think they're in wonderland with they're lovely new home :-D

Glad your uncle is okay )t'
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Newbies had to be ushered onto bed last night again but tonight No2 Georgina found her own way. After chase and gently grab got the other two in then went to lock up Peds. I could hear a commotion from nextdoor and when I got back to batties quarters Georgie had gotten out and knocked a bucket over? After 5 minutes got her back in and shut the door. They both layed again today, Olive has finally got rid of her mucky bum with a bit of help from my scissors. Honestly I want my newbies feathrs to grow on their bum and there I am clipping feathers off of Olive! Amanda-Jayne very gunky today. Some photos from today...
Amanda-Jayne
Deirdre,Iris & Olive
Deirdre
Deirdre & Olive
Iris looking rather stuffed
Elsie & Olive
Battie quarters

Olive & Beryl trying out their temp bench

Battie quarters

Georgina,Gwen & Ruby
Gwen looks like our Iris....
Above Deirdre's bloomers Lyn
Gwen
Beryl checks out Gwen
Iris,Elsie,Amanda-Jayne & Deirdre
Amanda-Jayne
Our friend is waiting for me!
Betty was off on her own, when she knows she cannot eat the camera she justs goes off and does her own thing. Betty ,Elsie & Iris have been with me for 2 years today, sadly lost my baby Alice 2 years ago yesterday.

Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Great pics Sandy imso envious of your set up its fab and huge :-D Do you ever get any problems with your fox or does he respect the girls space and not bother them )t' Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

Sandy those girls are fab i love the little squaw tail feathers they look like dodgem cars zipping round dont they ,i knew you would love therm and i resisted posting til today when i saw that your Amanda Jayne had pulled through another nasty bout of gunk bless her ,i made mom read the post first :oops: i was a bit tentative when we heard little about the ex batts in the first few days ,and as for that fox Sandy hes a bit too close for my liking )de: he has the bare faced cheek of a brass minkey that one , im glad all is going well with the ex batts and i love their names too lovely that you gave her a strinking middle name to help her on it suits her too ,as linda s knows its usually the most sickly looking ones that gain the most strength and amaze us ,i wiil be waiting with baited breat fort he next batty instalment {hug} only 4 more sleeps itk for me now ..............
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Ace let your mum read this......
Gwen very ill this morning yolk and white over her legs, have checked her vent can feel no shell. She is just standing with her eyes closed. Ruby had already layed this morning and Georgina went in to the coop and made a nest and layed. Gwen stirred herself and went in beside Georgie who then proceeded to peck her non stop. Yanked out Georgie and luckily the sun is shining so there is light in the office. Put water and food by the coop and locked the other two girls out. I agreed to work for 3 hours today over lunchtime which is very frustrating. Gwen had one mealworm when I put it to her beak but that has ben it. I will try hot water bottle then decided this afternoon if there is a chicken vet on today whether she needs a trip there. I am obviously very upset but like the lady who lost her girl after one week I know she has had a taste of freedom and the sun on her back today. I wonder if they give you a strong, a middle and a weak hen on collection day? Ruby is as perky and agile as any of my big girls? Not a good companion for little Gwen

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Ahh, sorry Gwen is poorly Sandy but fingers crossed she will be ok. My Boots used to lay shell less eggs not long after we got her. I used to really panic yike* She eventually stopped laying thank goodness and she had a long time egg free before I lost her.
Batties seem to be up and down, just the nature of them I suppose bless em {hug}
p.s. Thanks for another fluffy bloomers shot )t'
LYN