Henpen's hens and Eggstremely odd eggs

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Henpen's hens and Eggstremely odd eggs

Post by sandy »

I love that Ginger has an alter ego {rofwl}
How is the Wigglesworth doing?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hey HP

Wiggly and Ginger update please?? +f+
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Ooh yes, sorry, been so busy reading everyone else's news that I have forgotten to update...

Well I am very pleased with the foot situation - they seem to be doing very well. I am being a big old meany and only letting them on the soft grass when they are out of the run, no dirt scratching until the last bit of Wiggles' scab is gone. She is walking beautifully now, not a hint of a limp, so that's fantastic.

The Ginger Ninja's feet look great apart - unfortunately - from being covered in poo. Hers are always the worst. It's like she thinks: 'Oooh someone has just done something unbelievably runny and smelly... I must tap dance in it before mum has a chance to pick it up.'

But most importantly both the girls have got over any lingering wariness of me, so I guess I am forgiven.

I am looking forward to the return of the Wiggy dance and the weird honking clown noise.
Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kuikentje »

:-D )t'
Life's too short to quarrel
TheGreatEgg
Lively Laner

Post by TheGreatEgg »

Glad to hear they are both doing well now! )t'
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Great news that the two have returned to their good natured selves, you must be so pleased. Is Wiggly climbing all over you yet?

I can't believe that Ginger is a secret egg eater. Surely not Ginger??? Perhaps she does it in her sleep so technically she can't possibly be blamed... .ang.
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Thank you all. DTLers are so kind.

KarenE wrote:Great news that the two have returned to their good natured selves, you must be so pleased. Is Wiggly climbing all over you yet?

I can't believe that Ginger is a secret egg eater. Surely not Ginger??? Perhaps she does it in her sleep so technically she can't possibly be blamed... .ang.

No, I am not quite being climbed all over by Wiggy yet, although I can tell she is thinking about it. Every time I check her feet, it sets the situation back a little bit. Scab is still there, which I am surprised about, but then it was a deep incision. I am definitely being climbed all over by ol' poopy feet Ginger.

Regarding Juanita Eggeater - well, Juanita could be anyone really but the egg eating stopped when Ginger was staying in our downstairs loo. However that could be a coincidence and I wouldn't put it past any of them except Wigs. Because Wiggles my sweetheart is Practically Perfect in Every Way - but mostly because she hasn't laid for so long that I think she has forgotten what eggs and nestboxes are.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Wiggly Poppins?? Love it {rofwl}
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Lovely to hear Ginger and The Wooser have made such wonderful progress. I am being a bit >dum< what does Karen mean about Poppins?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Sandy:
Mary Poppins was Practically Perfect In Every Way :-D
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

:oops:

Thomassio
Lively Laner

Post by Thomassio »

I'm glad they are both on the mend. I'm sure they will forgive you completely for some treats won't they?!
Must confess, I didn't get the Mary poppins reference either!
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

Well, yes, treats are a definite help, Thomassio, the girls are not ones to turn their noses up at goodies!

Actually today was a huge step forward as I got to see a blink-and-you'll-miss-it mini Wiggy Dance for the first time in months. Hooray! No phone, so no evidence. I'll get a slapped wrist from Karen and Sandy, I know.

Yesterday worry came from a different (rather smaller) chook: Pint-Sized Cupid was very down in the beak and tail. I was quite shocked because even when she had a respiratory thing last year, she was still perky, but wasn't herself at all yesterday and was even yike* cuddly.

As there were no obvious signs of trouble with her crop, rear end or breathing/eyes/nostrils, we went for a belly bath and a warm lap and advice from the best place I know for Chicken Wisdom: DTL (thanks folks, you're always so fab). She then had scrambled egg and eventually started to look a little better, so back in with the others she went. At bed time I found her all alone and fluffed up on the roof of the coop, and she was quietly cooing when I picked her up. Despite my best efforts to shield her, she got a hard peck from Amber when she dithered about where to sleep )de: (Amber got sworn at, I was very cross!).

This morning Cupid looks completely normal, so I guess it was an egg thing and perhaps the bath was soothing. It was good to see her just now, digging away by the peach tree, attempting her very own Journey To The Centre of the Earth, while the others were dust-bathing. She did join in the dust-bathing in the end - risking life and limb by choosing a spot next to Amber, but by then Amber (now looking as grey as a Bluebelle, with dirt between every feather) was well and truly in the dust-bathing trance and didn't notice. Perhaps this was Cupid's plan all along and the digging was merely to keep her occupied until the perfect moment.

I do love to see all five of them dust-bathing together, so content - and then shaking afterwards and causing mini dust storms!
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Yeehaw, so glad Sarge Cupid back to her usual self )t' And a bit of planning thrown in too! And yes consider your wrist well and truly slapped

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hey HP, how is Cupid doing? Is she still okay?
Karen