Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

YES FOR SURE .

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Right, well that's that then.

Dates and venue suggestions please! Did we say Birmingham area? Bob what works for you? And HP WHERE ARE YOOO?
Anyone know anywhere nice where we could meet?
This is a henpal emergency - henpal mummy needs a heavy dose of chickening!
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi , Timing is more important than place .
Work commitments etc . But Some have money shortage (Not me I think ,have to ask for extra pocket money .)
Must be before the bad weather comes (Ha Ha ) I think if we were to arrange a date to meet up , others will make a point of coming or not . If some one really wants to come they would make it accordingly.
8th to 12 th August I am on holiday and weekend either side should be good as well.
So any other offers let me know .
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Great idea , Sommerset , Can pick up three new girls at the same time . Pass on to new owners and or take home .
Bob
HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

)wav( hiya! Yep up for a dose of spirit-lifting chickening! )t'
You take care Sandy {hug}
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw things are getting better on the hooman front!
Ratty is driving me mad has made a real labyrinthe of tunnels in Alice;s bedroom }hairout{ Have temporarily filled with garlic and covered in heavy stones, need professioanl help in the long run again but def no poison this time. At least for the last 2 days no poo and no sign of him.
Some photos I took last week
Lottie, I am broody
So where is the bedding?
I said I am BROODY

At now Dottie is broody again too! The lovely lady still has a fox problem so cannot let her girls go in their orchard and not too keen on Lottie and Dottie staying inside with girls they dont know so had a plan, am going to remove the office door, fix up Alice's gardens door and purchase the equipment to put the eglu go up high and move them so they have that area and the garden just need some proper carpentry help now.
Huge clean outs been going on practically emptied the office so no corners for anything to hide
Girls cleaning out the ex nestbox from the office
Eva want to know why I havent got treats in my hand
We have always had foxes, here are two of the new very cheeky cubs
Whoops and above them Maureen who was so poorly and thank goodness has now moulted she held back losing feathers so as to worry me!
Went to Swinhay yesterday they had a open day at Katherines farm, this is the replica of Prince Charles henhouse(bet he dosent clean it himself!
It rained the whole time we were there, lovely farm and of course we had to have a glut of homemade cakes, meant these lovelies too
I told them it was going to rain
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

At last some quality lap time with the girlies, funny if you are not ginger you are not a lap sitter!
Still no sign of rat poo!
Violet very bulky today had a good massage and I went for the chuck but nothing doing, another good massage and she was fine, popped some empeprid down her. My goodness she is such a heavy girl.
Dottie the top girl among the two is fine when touching her but Lottie the little shy one is a little demon when broody/
Ordered flub pellets today due to be wormed on saturday, first time for the newbies who I have renamed a bit!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Lovely pics as ever Sandy and I am jealous of your lap sitters! The sparklies have spent practically the whole year so far broody! Good job they like to do things in pairs. Have you fixed up their new stamping ground yet?
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I am going to do this in bytes as 3 attempts of a long post with photos came up error }hairout{
Dottie has finally become unbroody
(of course all the photos uploaded are sitting out of order on the pc too )hic(
Lottie is setting a world record for broodiness, luckily she isn't the size of Millie as she is sooooo aggressive

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Honey and Eva, Eva has become very bossy with everyone and is especially nasty to Megan and Honey
With all the problems recently and then Haze being unwell, Gracie's sinuses playing up and Violets squishy crop not to mention the bramble trying to take over the still leaking roof this was a lovely quiet moment, Honey and I watching one of my favourites Man.about.the house

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Apart from sinus problems Gracie still has a sore red mucky bum, never seen such a strange vent on a hen no wonder her poo dosent come out right, bless she is squeaking but perfectly happy
Boss lady Eva
Honey bless her gets last dibs at everything but still she tries, trundles about singing away and loves lap time
Haze had a dose of metacam and it seems to have worked wonder, saw a few brwon feathers so maybe she is going for a moult
Honey and Haze love the tyre, and Honey loves the lap of course but she does get competition from Eva

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Maureen has her feathers growing back nicely not a huge moult they are growing nicely on her head
Mo and Eva

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hen kebab, girls abed for the night
and above the door! Karen the little ones are going in this area when the eglu stand comes in August, trouble was could not get the eglu go through the door, aha took the door off and it just got through, that will all happen in August as want the little ones to be high up. Rats now gone fingers crossed not seen any sign for weeks, got the holes filled up with basic supermarkets garlic and covered in heavy stones. Will be filling with wire wall and foam stuff when I get back from hols.
As the girls are having a minder, I am away sat to sun so gd help them after having a week with no poo picking or water changing! I cleaned all the bowls thoroughly popped in new bedding cut down the brambles cleaned out the office and removed the door too to make it lighter in there and no hiding place for anything.
Well just because I did this seperately it worked {rofwl}

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Your girls are lucky to be able to sleep out on that perch when it's hot, I darent let mine do that or Bill would keep the neighbourhood awake all night with his crooning!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

I love the idea of a hen kebab! Does it come with salad?

What's the deal with Gracie's vent then? Is she okay ie no obstructions or anything?
Karen