Lisa and The Lunatics!

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Lisa and The Lunatics!

Post by Benny&Co »

Awwwww Lisa absolutely wonderful pictures, don't apologise I certainly never tire of seeing everyone's pictures :-D

I had a little giggle about changing Charlotte's name - I did that with our Margie. She was going to be Patty or Mary, then I thought Marji, but couldn't get the hang of the 'j' so she became Margie, bless her +f+

I think your Marylin has been corresponding with our Naughty Nita as she's a right little one again at the moment! {rofwl} Might have to ask for lessons from Aunty Ace {hug&kiss}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Bev {hug}

Awww I like the name Margie :) I was also considering naming Charlotte Maggie, and Stormie (cause she looks like a little storm cloud {rofwl} ), and Peggy and Gretchen {rofwl}! But she is definitely a Charlotte :)

Just send Nita to Ace for a few days, I'm sure she'll come back with some manners!! {rofwl}
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I might just have to do that you know!

Have had to put her in solitary confinement again {warn}

So reckon we have to see their characters before giving them names :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Nancy's the worst with terrorizing Isabel, so if she doesn't calm down over the next week she will be joining Nita {warn}

Definitely. I like to get some name ideas down ready and then go from there. Charlotte was completely different when I saw her at the breeders, and the first day she was here, she seemed chilled, but I thought she looked a bit stroppy the way she waddled around and thought she suited Valarie (no insult intended for any Valaries!), but she's turned into a cheeky cuddly thing now :-D
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

LisaB wrote:Nancy's the worst with terrorizing Isabel, so if she doesn't calm down over the next week she will be joining Nita {warn}

Definitely. I like to get some name ideas down ready and then go from there. Charlotte was completely different when I saw her at the breeders, and the first day she was here, she seemed chilled, but I thought she looked a bit stroppy the way she waddled around and thought she suited Valarie (no insult intended for any Valaries!), but she's turned into a cheeky cuddly thing now :-D

Hehehe Nita's naughty step {rofwl}

Yes me too - I knew I wanted a 'Gloria' then when I saw our Gloria with her lovely nut brown feathers and spikey hair do, that was it :-D

Bless little Charlotte {hug}
Bev x

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Aww Gloria is a beautiful name, Bev {hug}

GUESS WHAT I JUST FOUND!!!!!!!!!

I think it's little Milly's, it was behind the dustbath where she tucked herself away yesterday )c( )c(
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Yippppeeeee! Well done little Milly )c( what a clever little lady )c(

Aren't they ace hey {hug&kiss}

I named Gloria after the character in 'Modern Family', love that show and she really makes me giggle! {rofwl}
Bev x

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I've not had eggs for so long!!! I can't wait until there's two so I can have fried eggs on toast )eat(

Ohh, I've never seen Modern Family, Bev :oops:
chicks&cats
Legendary Laner

Post by chicks&cats »

Lisa I have just finished reading this diary and feel like I have been with you from the beginning, fab.

and your new girls, well envy}} says it all, they are absolutely gorgeous, and an egg already )eat( enjoy!
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you very much {hug}

I'm really far too excited to have eggs on toast you know :oops:

Well, the girls had an hour together before bed (sort of)
Isabel had a few cooked veggies, got chased a little (although, to be honest, she just runs around if they come close to her), and then took herself to bed ( )c( ) after 10 minutes.
Milly then took herself to bed shortly after, but when she heard me putting the food away she came out again.
Charlotte went to roost outside on the tyre, so picked her up and popped her in the coop (she's getting so lovely to handle and lets me stroke her now :-D ),
Summer and Milly followed soon after.
They're getting the hang of it )c( all roosting together on the perch, bless them.

These girls go to bed a lot earlier than my ex-batts though, they're ready to roost at about 7, but my batties don't go until after 8.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

So, Summer has a respiratory infection and now all the girls are being treated, hopefully it'll clear up soon.

Whilst spending some time with them Milly started running up and down the run, trying to get to the "ex-batt's side" :? after 15 minutes of this I decided to open the door separating them, she zoomed through straight to the coop, straight into the nestbox and 20 minutes later, she laid an egg )c( )c(
I'm really amazed she wanted to get to the nestbox as she's never laid there before, her other two eggs have been laid behind the dustbath, the only time she can see the nestboxes is when she's roosting at night.

What a clever girl!!!

Think I'm going to have to swap the sides over now though, and let the new girls have access to the coop through the day so Milly can lay her eggs in there.

They started on the baytril at 11ish this morning, and have been advised not to eat their eggs for 2 weeks, will the egg she's just laid be okay to eat do you think?
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

More pictures!
I forgot to say whilst Milly was laying I let all the girls mix (thought Nancy and Daphne might go and push Milly out otherwise), all went really well :-D Charlotte and Isabel got chased a bit, but nothing bad at all.

They were all dustbathing today, Isabel really hasn't got the hang of it though {rofwl} she just digs a hole and plonks herself in it, it's like she doesn't really know what to do with her legs, they're too long for her body {rofwl} bless her

tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

I love looking at your photos. )c( way to go Milly xx
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Tammy :-D
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

adorable girls lisa and they look really colourful in the run ,you sound so happy with your choice of hens and im glad little summer is getting treated just caught her in time before it got any worse ,i never get tired of photos lisa i love them

please dont think im a "chicken whisperer" i have no magical powers Marilyn just sorted herself out ,ao all the praise belongs to my beautiful blonde girl {hug} she and prila are still best buddies but honestly Marilyn id fascinated by the babiesshe lays down and watches them when they run around beeping she makes a funny little low cluck at them ,im beginning to wonder if shes maternal {rofwl} ,if she is ill send her over to big als house he has a few silkie eggs knocking around she can sit on im sure {rofwl}

and bev im sure poor nita is just misunderstood ,please feel free to send her over though )grin2(
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx