Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by sandy »

Lavendar Lil and Louise
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Bob honest I am not trying to retain my higher than you number of posts {rofwl} Never had this problem before, but when I just posted the 2 photos system error yet again!
Girls had a treat today, corn on the cobs, the Peds got them too of course and then their mummy also gave them multi seed bread and Rita's eggs scrambled.
JUst started to rain now, poo pick and then trill, yes trill takes girls ages to eat and not so stodgy as corn after today's lunches. Honey really makes me laugh, she still goes to hang back when treat time, she seems to forget she is top hen and can have her fill first! Lottie and Dottie in their bed, think Dottie is thinking about going broody again, Lottie not sure if she should finish or not, in and out of coop a lot. Rita's leg cleared up nicely now thank goodness
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Honeybun is still my fav. Like the Pom Pom look alike . Speckledy I have 3 -2 broody . Audry is a look a like for Goldie 2 ( may swap her over see if you can tell the difference .)
and as for the most reads/ write ups you still have more knowledge than I will every get to.
Bob
Glad you are getting better .
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Really enjoyed looking at your photo's Sandy - the girls look great. Little Louise and Susan Silkies are so sweet. I must try my two with "Trill". I like the idea of it taking them longer to eat, thus giving them more to do. Mary and Violet have been a bit whiney since they lost Mary and I feel I am giving them far too many mealworms to scratch around for to keep them amused (and I know that they shouldn't have too many). Another good idea, thanks.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

CC the little ones, the silkies are Thelma and Louise, Susan is the large white hen. Thelma is now getting brown streaks through her black feathers, looks lovely. At last no one is broody, hurray! Only Fay is laying , Honey had a delicate shelled egg toady which broke in the nest, and Audder's first egg since being broody had a crack in the top. The bonsai banshees have gone quiet on the egg front too. Nextdoor, he is getting about 4 eggs a day, Rita is the most regular girl like my Fay.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

OMG a fullhouse of eggs from the big girls yesterday, Honey a huge crinkly egg though today hers was broken again, but the shells are always goodish. Lottie and Dottie packed up laying for awhile, tonight, Honey was tucked up by 8 as is her usual, Audders and Fay were facing Lottie and Dottie, I left the dividing door open to see what would happen. Bless tiny Lottie took one look at the enormous Audders and leapt on the chair! And so I closed the door. Audders is so gentle, picked her up for the kiss on the back tonight, always do this to Honey, and even Fay let me kiss her!
Spent a good 15 minutes in with the Peds, bless they were all around me except Rita who obvioulsy doesn't want the person who shoved tablets down her throat touching her {rofwl} Thelma and Louise have been enjoying the treat block which their daddy put on the floor for him but now it is back swinging and the little ones have to be careful as when they peck a piece off it swings and nearly knocks them out. I could have taken some lovely photos but forgot my phone, and posting them on here in the past 2 weeks has suddenly become }hairout{ after all these years?????

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

You are lucky Fay let's you anywhere near her - Dory Grey has an absolute heart attack if I even think about going to touch her! Apart from when I am feeding her bits of grass and treats of course, but I can tell she's still weighing up the risks of the sudden lunge versus the appeal of the treats :-D

Photobucket is a pain, and goes through fits & starts. Try resizing your photos to make them smaller before uploading them and I have found uploading straight from the phone pretty impossible these days.
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Karen no trouble with photobucket just getting photos on here }hairout{
Four times so pictures indivual I HOPE

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

All hail June 21st )c( I love my girls being up late so I can see them when I get home but I have forgotten what a pain and a real slog getting up at 4.30 am every morning! I do pop back into bed for an hour but cannot remember feeling this shattered?
Anyhow night times are a bit of a pain as Rita Ped like to try and sleep on the chair, not idea when Eddie or rather Edwina the fox and her 2 cubs and white tail and her cub are roaming around. Not so bad now as I can shut their poop door down but last week they would have boiled so had to put a large flowerpot in front to stop Rita escaping, the little minx just pushed it over and scrambled out so had to get a hefty one! She is a weird on she runs around doing the broody cluck constantly but no nest sitting? Talking of broody, Lottie has started again }hairout{ have started taking her with me when doing chores tucked under my arm.
Ivy,Miriam and jennifer Ped are all making choky and sneezy noises and my lovely Honey oviously has a chest problem and the darn vets are full up until the middle of the week, thats the hen vets no point in seeing any of the others! She hit her two years with me on the 14th , she is still doing her henny things but cannot talk which must be frustrating for her as she never shuts up.

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Sandy who is the pretty girly in the last photo? is she an orpington?
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant