Lisa and The Lunatics!

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
LisaB

Re: Lisa and The Lunatics!

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Ace! :)

Well everything is now done (I hope >dum< )
Got the new perches all set up in the coop.
Was quite funny as we just put the nest boxes down yesterday so Daphne decided to go pretend she was laying for an hour +f+ but she didn't like my dad being too close to her so she started squawking her head off at him {rofwl}

Brooders all set up and ready to go.

Just waiting to hear when the chicks will be ready, hoping to hear something by tonight. I hate waiting )gr: {rofwl}

Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thinderbirds are go(cue music) ah Lisa love its smashing to see how these girls and babies have lifted your spirits and they havnt even arrived yet. :-D
You have cuddled us all in your enthusiasm, enjoy your new little family and telling us all about them {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Aw thank you Linda {hug}
It really has made given me something to focus on and look forward too.
I've had (and still am) having such a carry on with the docs/hosp, but having something like this really has made me feel better and not so down in the dumps :-D
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Are you collecting your babies tomorrow? One more sleep!

Glad your new girls are giving you something to focus on. I thought of you in the early hours of the morning when one of my chicks chirped so loud that I think it woke the neighbours {rofwl}

There will be no time for being down in the dumps with 2 little chicks to look after!!
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

tamk23 wrote:Are you collecting your babies tomorrow? One more sleep!

Glad your new girls are giving you something to focus on. I thought of you in the early hours of the morning when one of my chicks chirped so loud that I think it woke the neighbours {rofwl}

There will be no time for being down in the dumps with 2 little chicks to look after!!

Hopefully will be collecting them tomorrow! Not heard anything yet though :(

Ahahaha! Aww!! I really can't wait to hear them cheep cheep >eas2< and feel how soft they are, I wont be able to leave them alone.
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

its a wondeful feeling lisa seeing how these little scraps of life blossom , >fi< your little chicks are with you asap ,this waiting game drives you mad doesnt it :?
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

It does Ace :( still no message saying they're ready, >fi< I'll get one this morning.
I'm gonna be a bit sad if I have to wait until Friday to get them, just because the chicks grow so quick!
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Everything crossed for you that you get your little chicks today >fi<

Nothing beats little chicks that are only a couple of days old. If only you lived this way you could have got some from the same man as me!!
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I'm absolutely gutted. I hadnt heard anything so give them a bell, none of the chicks hatched {cry}

So, no chicks for me today.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I'm very {cry} {mr.angry} :? at the moment.

I called back to ask if I would be able to collect the Faverolles hen and Araucana hen that I reserved nearly two weeks ago and collect the chicks at another date - Oh, no faverolles hen?
They've had nearly two weeks to tell me they had sold on the faverolles (even though I reserved her), but didn't bother.
I'm very upset at the mo.

Was so excited, and it's turned into a complete disaster.
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Oh dear, so sorry you've been disappointed Lisa, what a rotten thing to happen )gr: I'm sure you will get your babies sooner or later and it will be all the more sweet when you do {hug}
LYN
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Lyn {hug}

I just thought I had it all sorted at first, let down then.
Searched all over to find this place and thought it was really lovely, let down even more (I know it's not their fault the chicks didn't hatch, but I don't know, I kind of felt they just told me that because they didn't want to tell me they had sold the faverolles, you know? :? )

I've found one place in Rotherham that has faverolles bantam chicks, I've called, no answer so have text but still waiting for a reply. If this place doesn't have any I'm just going to dismantle the brooder and put it away for next year or something.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I've found someone very local who has some Double Laced Wyandottes and Orpington Bantams, not my first choice but I think I'm going to have to compromise.

Does anyone have either of these?
Are they noisy? :oops:
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

)c( sometimes when you compromise it turns out for the best. Really hope you can sort something out and that you will hear the chirping of chicks in a few days time xx
Tammy xxx

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

tamk23 wrote:)c( sometimes when you compromise it turns out for the best. Really hope you can sort something out and that you will hear the chirping of chicks in a few days time xx

Oh these ones aren't chicks. Had a chat with mothership and have decided to just wait until there are some faverolles chicks available instead, even if it means waiting until next year. I've just worked really hard on getting the run sorted and bought some turf ready, and really reallyyy looking forward to egg sandwiches again :oops: so I'm going to get some pullets for now.

He also has a cream legbar pullet :-D So I'm thinking of getting a Cream legbar, white orpington bantam and a double laced wyandotte :) Then faverolles at a later time x