chookaholics chookalicious ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: chookaholics chookalicious ladies

Post by sandy »

Lovely pictures, congrats on Mrs P's egg )t' Are you using ready mix concrete? If so could you pop down and do my run as I amke it too runny or it sets in the bucket >dum<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chookaholic »

I use post crete ...is so easy and no mixing/// just pour water in and then our powder crete into it........ withing 10 mins is set solid i would advise it to anyone )t'
Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chookaholic »

Had a good tidy in the garden today ... lots of pruning which means we will have a burn tomorrow night .

Compost corner was spreading as the girls scratched around and had fun so raked it ll back up (only for them to jump on it again }hairout{ )

If I shout chook chook ll my girls come running like crazy ladies.. the chicks have yet to learn the noise means treats though if they see me they run over and boy Leghorns are fast! They are in there grab treats and run off before any of the others have got over to see what I have ! {rofwl}

They are all getting along fabulously and there no fighting except the leghorns which fight between themselves : very naughty . Dunked Mr and Mrs Pepperpots legs in oil to combat the scaly leg : on day 4 and can already see a huge difference, they normally dont mind at all but today Jock Pepperpot wasnt in the mood and I also got dunked {mr.angry}

Theyre all doing grand the babies are confident and eating machines )eat( : all is calm in the chookaholic camp

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

these are a lovely set of pretty ladies you have there I must admit Miranda crumpet is THE best name for a hen ,love it {rofwl}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

They are gorgeous, I can see the eying up of the rake? Hoping more worms will appear if you put your back into it {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Lovely babes! And congratulations to Mrs Pepperpot on the birth of her 1st egg :-D
LYN
Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chookaholic »

Short story:

Today was my Nanas 78th Birthday. As always we went to wish her happy birthday and make a fuss of her, I know she likes our fresh eggs so i took half a dozen : 2 normal eggs, 2 bantam and i thought i would surprise her with 2 araucana blue eggs. So we spent some time and then returned home only for Nana to phone me saying 2 of the eggs have gone off! haha : No Nana theyre blue and theyre lovely )t'

Tickled me: God bless her X
Chicken drumstick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken drumstick »

Coming on nicely , love the pictures )t'
Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chookaholic »

Thanks Drummy )t'

Had a good potter about today , planted a new plum tree , Mr Chookaholic got his first proper introduction of how to dig with chooks! All I could hear was LISA HELP ME !! {rofwl} {rofwl}

I shook mealworms i did my chick chick chick noise but no way were they budging : they knew he was new to this so they had fun with him . I must admit it was hilarious watching an ex body builder being bullied by chickens tee hee

Im getting a little bit worried about Gertie and Mr and Mrs Pepperpot this muddy weather is no good for their feet so ill be purchasing a lot of gravel for them to keep their little boots dry.

I went out today in the freezing rain cleaning the coops out as i do every weekend, I come back into the kitchen dithering, full of sawdust , chicken poop and with pockets of eggs and 13 chickens are all snug in there as the cooker was on for the roast and the kitchen was toasty! Cheeky so and so's

Puddin

Mrs Pepperpot looking very mature

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Love the pics :-D I found my little feathery feet bantams dont like going on the grass if its too wet, they prefer dry feet, not daft are they {hug}
LYN
Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chookaholic »

I put a bucket of sawdust all over the run floor to absorb the moisture and it worked pretty well to be honest :)

I have been thinking Mrs Pepperpot had gone out of lay until i went to "top" the coops ie: taking the top poopy layer off and any damp bits and roughing up and that had compacted where the chooks have been resting at night.

I went to the huge bag of compressed sawdust in my shedo and there was some little eggs on top of the sawdust :-D

Mr Pepperpots legs are much better since i started putting petroleum jelly on them. The oil was working to get rid of the scaly leg but was really messy if he decided not to have it done i would end up covered in it , petroleum jelly it much easier to use and he seems to prefer it too.

We had some snow this morning , a very very light dusting so i put straw in today to keep them toasty and threw some about because the babies LOVE it , they scratch around and throw it about like a bunch of hooligans

All in all a pretty lazy day )t'
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Mrs Pepperpot looks like one of the Gabor sisters )t' She is stunning. They will lay where they want to wont they!

Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chookaholic »

my speckledy "babies" are growing at a rate which is making me believe their father was indeed a an ostrich . Here is a pic with a Warren and my Maran : both of which are pretty big girls

this one above is Puddin : the smallest of the 2 Speckledy girls: Miranda crumpet is the bigger of the 2

The Leghorns are 2 weeks older than the Speckledy girls and Silvers crest is coming along a treat:

Silver:

Theyre a little more friendly than they were but will never be like the others : they all pile onto me if i sit in my old armchair with treats as you can see by puddin

Merryweather eyeing up the camera

Mr and Mrs Pepperpot seem to be flirting a lot though he has stopped crowing. Im not sure if this just because its dreary or because she wasnt giving him any shmooz +f+ in return but she has also stopped laying : she also likes throwing her weight around with the speckledies which is hilarious as she only comes up to their ankles! {rofwl} . They are constantly "bowing" to her and Gertie: the smallest 2 in our bunch

The garden is still muddy in parts but has dried out a lot so theyre all doing a lot of dust bathing under the conifer . As usual theyre all happy and healthy and just content causing trouble and harassing the dogs .
Chookaholic
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chookaholic »

Casper is the Leghorn with the crest silver is the little one ....... :oops:
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Brilliant photos )t'