Ambers diary.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Re: Ambers diary.

Post by amber66 »

Yes thanks Bob, Lily is doing well at the moment and one of those eggs was hers the other one was Molly's as she is the only one to lay dark coloured eggs.
Unfortunately i didn't get to eat Lily's egg as i cracked it when i picked it up so the girls had an extra treat.
Amber.

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi Karen , I think I am going to call my 2 nd ranger Marlene (LillY ) when I learn how to spell it.
Lilly is two ring white so cannot call her that.
Ghoust looks like a Casper .....

Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

What beautiful girls Lily,Molly,Ruby and Marigold are )t' How on earth do you get them to lay in a dish {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

I started the girls on worming pellets on Thursday as their poops were looking a bit runny they are not happy having no treats and showed this by not laying yesterday.
I have decided to keep them in the run for a while as I am trying to reseed part of the lawn the dogs have damaged and no matter how I section it off Molly and Ruby manage to find a way in and dig it up and eat the seed. The run is 15 x 9 foot for 4 girls so should be ok. Please advise if not as I would not want to harm them in any way.
I haven't seen any rats recently so am hoping the bait stations have done their job and killed them off.
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

That size is absolutely fine Amber dont worry )t'
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Thanks Sandy for the reply. They still make me feel guilty by marching up and down the wire though. >dum<
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Of course they do , it is their job to make us feel guilty {rofwl}

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Forgot to say farmandpetplace do 5kg bags of flub pellets

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello all.
Just a quick up date on the girls.
Marigold seems to be back to normal now apart from when i poo pick in the mornings i can see undigested corn in her poo (is that anything to worry about)?
Ruby is not pecking her hardly at all now so may be they have called a truce.
I have not long wormed them but their poo seems to be a bit foamy at times so i might give it another go in a couple of weeks. I just want to make sure Marigold has recovered enough before i subject her system to anything at the moment.
Lily and Molly are both ok and just doing normal chicken things.
Hope every ones girls and boys are all ok.
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Not sure about undigested corn have had undigested corn which yuck the girls re eat! I worm my lovelies every three months but have had to do it again after two months as so much foamy poo and a visting Robin!

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello all.
I thought i would give an up date on Marigold. She seems to have got over her chest infection and has gone back in with the girls, they have all accepted her back ok now.
This morning i let them out into the garden to have a wander round and noticed that Marigold was limping and not putting both feet down when standing still so i took her to the vets and she has broken her toe yike* .
Lily broke the same toe i think a couple of years ago now and she had to be sedated and have a splint put on for 6 weeks. This time the vet recommends just to leave Marigolds toe alone as it is still in a straight line and let nature take its course. I did ask for pain killers but again she thought that giving them to her would stress her out more than the toe hurting.
They all seem to have gone on strike re egg laying apart from Molly who seems to lay every other day so i have started worming again today, using the grape method to see if that helps. It may be that now Lily and Marigold are about 4 years old they have stopped altogether but Ruby i think is only about 2 and a half.
Hope every ones boys and girls are ok and keeping my fingers crossed for Remie and Marilyn >fi<
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Oh Amber I am so sorry you have lost your little Ruby, what a good life she had and a peaceful loving end {hug&kiss}

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Just an up date.
Marigold is back with Lily and Molly and seems to be doing ok. She has just started to moult as i am finding her feathers all over the garden and run.
They have been out enjoying the sun this afternoon and are now resting inside by living room looking out of the french doors into the garden.
I will have to evict them before OH gets home or he will not be impressed. {warn}
I treated them to some live maggots on Saturday and they loved them. I was told to keep them in the fridge but that was not going to happen,i put them in the shed, so they finished them off on Sunday before they turned into flies.
Amber.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I used to give my special needs girl live maggots great fun trying to get them down her so she would kill them first
Amber can you come to our get together whenever it is?

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Hello Sandy.
I would love to but at the moment we are having to deal with some serious issues at home and i can't plan anything further than a few days ahead.
Amber.