Perchy's Pottager Patch 2012

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
perchy

Re: Perchy's Pottager Patch 2012

Post by perchy »

+f+ +f+
little brown hen
Legendary Laner

Post by little brown hen »

Your mushrooms are amazing! I tried to grow some once and they didnt do anything. Maybe I'll try again. :-D
Mum to Sox and Boo,and hens, Bramble,
Belle,Bourbon,Holly,Ivy, May and June
RIP Daisy my cat,and Spice, Clara, Alice, Biscuit, Cookie Clarice and Henrietta. Over rainbow bridge, but never forgotten.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Have had a second harvest now and we have had mushroom risotto for tea, they seem to like my kitchen, and it is quite cool )t'
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Perchy I love mushroom rissotto but I didn't realise it was cool 8)
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
perchy

Post by perchy »

Annie wrote:Perchy I love mushroom rissotto but I didn't realise it was cool 8)

very cool )w(
perchy

Post by perchy »

Well well, the weather has not been on my side with the garden for a while, all weekend we have had hail and showers and not been able to get into the garden for any amount of time, lots in the greenhouse doing ok, but really need to be organising some more in there, once the onions are out I will have more room, with working all week, and not being able to get out at the weekends I feel it is all getting out of hand, but will try harder in the week so lets hope the weather is kind.

I have lots to pot on in the greenhouse, all seems to be growing well.

Well done everyone with your efforts, feel like a lightweight at the moment, it will pass I am sure.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Your time will come Perchy - about tomato time I believe {hug}
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

I'm sure it's not out of hand Perchy {hug} .. when we get some warmth things will come right )t' .. as Annie said .. about tomato time {rofwl}
perchy

Post by perchy »

jannie wrote:I'm sure it's not out of hand Perchy {hug} .. when we get some warmth things will come right )t' .. as Annie said .. about tomato time {rofwl}
Annie wrote:Your time will come Perchy - about tomato time I believe {hug}

jealousy is a terrible trait )grin2(
perchy

Post by perchy »

The weather up to us going away was awful so had little opportunity to do anything in the garden, the last 3 days we have spent digging, weeding (again) and getting it ready for the plants that were in the greenhouse, I will post some pics of greenhouse bits tomorrow, but all I have done is pot up the herb (water tank) and put in a few beans, must get them in tomorrow, hope you can see the potential as I am struggling with it at the moment!

The onions are not so good, the courgettes will go in front of them

On the other hand, found some prettiness in the overgrown border, so felt a bit better after that.

The little top part of the garden was a tip too, so have been clearing, weeding and sorting it today, need somewhere for flowers as the girls rule the roost here {warn}

It's a start!
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

It is taking shape Perchy, you just need to get a bit more out, tomorrow hopefully . I know what you mean about the odd little flower face smiling at you and cheering you up, I found some Granny Bonnets the other day but they were being overlooked so I carefully lifted them and put them in a goodsized pot and now I can see them and they have just started to send out purple flowers.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Wish I had a week off just to work in the garden, I have lots of Granny bonnets, they have evolved into allsorts of different colours, will save you some seeds and you will have pot luck!! they are pretty and when you lift their little heads they are so so pretty, it will get there, just hard work, have lots of different sections and they all needed sorting, but am getting there now. {hug}
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Thank you Perchy I would love more GB'S they dont seem to self seed in my garden , I will make a patch just for them.
By the way - I will if you will too - doing the ironing first thing and then out to plant sweet peas and runner beans and pots of marigold )c( I will try to put pics on I am a bit lazy at that :oops:
perchy

Post by perchy »

Definitely going to put it all out tomorrow, watered greenhouse tonight, we have a hose pipe ban and it is too far from the house, when it could be in the garden!!

I have GB's growing everywhere, took loads up from the gravel )t'
perchy

Post by perchy »

Things never go according to plan, although I have got some plants out, still havn't finished the greenhouse and repotting in there, seem to have been waylaid by a dozen other things to do, but so far I have put out some peas, lettuce, courgettes and pumpkin, and some nasturtians, the marigolds are to help with aphids >fi<

Looks sparse but am sure it will soon fill out, the slugs will have to get across the grit and cockleshell to get their supper, worked well last year )t'

Although a little shady now, planted some more broad beans and some cauli, all needs a good water again, am finding it heavy going with the watering can, wish they would lift the ban, the water butts are dry now.

Couple of rows of raddish gone in and I forgot the beetroot, so will do that when I get chance.

It's getting there............