Linnet in the garden?

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Linnet in the garden?

Post by Spreckly »

Two days since I spotted a different bird in our front garden. Whipped the binoculars out, and saw the beautiful shade of pink on head and breast. My birdbook - which I have had since I was eleven, and is very battered - shows a few other birds of similar markings, however my neighbour has also seen the bird, and she is fairly certain that it is a linnet.

My bird book has a checklist, but I have seen one at some time in the distant past. I keep hoping to see it again.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Linnet in the garden?

Post by albertajune »

How lovely to see a linnet, a bird I haven't seen for years. Makes you feel good to see something unusual doesn't it :-D
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I looked out of the kitchen window to see what that little bird flitting about on the bushes was. My favourite - fairly common now though I didn't see them in my youth. Long tail tit. I love the way they move, and all the colours (shades of brown black & white may not sound exciting, but they are very pretty).
I like linnets too - get those in the garden, though not seen one recently.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

We get long tailed tits when we feed the birds in the winter. They come and go, several of them at a time, it is difficult counting the tails! None around at present.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I had to google to see what a Linnet looked like, Spreckly never seen one in our garden.

How is your OH now, Spreckly?