Lack of some grocery items

Special offers etc. you've come across out & about or online
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Lack of some grocery items

Post by Spreckly »

When my home delivery arrived this afternoon, I was told that my normal size yoghurt was unavailable, and the lasagne sheets I wanted were not in stock either. I had been naughty and ordered mint thins the cheaper version of After Eight Mints, there were none, and the After Eights were also unavailble.

My middle son who shops at Al..di says he has not noticed any shortages.

Have any Laners?
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Lack of some grocery items

Post by Mo »

Last Sunday the kind of cheese I prefer was out of stock in Co-op, it was in when I went this Sun.

Do you think it's customs delay (maybe from NI as it was British.

My SIL had some leaflets for his business stuck in customs as they were printed in Germany.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

I finally did a supermarket shop (1st time since before Christmas) and went to my local supermarket Aldi's early yesterday morning when it was quietest - I got everything on my shopping list (especially cat food! I might be able to create a meal out of what I've got left in the cupboard but not for the cat) and I can honestly say there were no shortages.

Having saying that, the supermarket doesn't stock absolutely everything they sell on every day especially in the freezer units (I think they have a "basic" stock - for example, pizza or pies but one week I'll be able to buy the ones I like but the next time they are not in stock but if you want a pizza or a pie, there are others to choose from. Bear in mind also, that the Aldi shelves are stocked mainly by their own brand and any other big brand are one offs)
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Terry went shopping to Al..di and Tesco's this last weekend and got everything on the list.
Like LL says sometimes you can get things you want and other times you cannot, but that has always been the same from our experiences in that particular supermarket.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Youngest son been for a couple of hours this afternoon, did some jobs for me, chopping sticks etc. He says there are no oranges to be had where he lives. The shops are a Tesco and a Lidl, plus a lot of little "corner type" shops.