meat thermometer

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
saint-spoon

meat thermometer

Post by saint-spoon »

Has anyone got one? I want…no that’s not right, I NEED ONE because Heston uses one a lot for stuff. I had a quick look on line and ama-zon have loads but they seem a bit on the inexpensive side (under a fiver) except the odd one that is up there around the fifty quid mark. Any recommendations?
Bah Humbug
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Re: meat thermometer

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

We have this one - chosen purely because I was in land of lakes, and this wasn't the cheapest or the most expensive. It does the job though.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Sara

Post by Sara »

I have a couple somewhere... They were Dads for the bbq, I have to admit that i have never used them. I know i have a couple of ones with a dial on, and also a battery one that you program what meat you are cooking and it tells you when its cooked to perfection.. I would imagine that would be usefull for cooking lamb duck and beef. One day i will get around to working out how to use it properly :-D

Not really answered your question have i? {rofwl}
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

I have one, it`s not expensive one but would`nt be without it. worth it`s wait in gold I always probe food, second nature now.
boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

mr husband got one - because heston has one!! he got it off amazon xx
photos of allotment & other nice things: http://pinterest.com/girlontheplot/

Follow my blog:
http://girlontheplot.blogspot.co.uk/

Just make sure my think works are wound extra tight, and I will formulate a plan!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I don't actually have one, but I do have an oven thermometer and a fridge one. :?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

p.penn wrote:I don't actually have one, but I do have an oven thermometer and a fridge one. :?

not even a jam one?
Bah Humbug
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

..and a jam one. +f+
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Meredith
Longlasting Laner

Post by Meredith »

I've tried a thermometer but I reckon if it looks done, it is done and I don't bother now. So far I have never poisoned anybody.
Sunny Clucker welcome in Barnsley.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I use mine to stop me over-cooking my beef. I like mine well done in the middle & practically charcoal on the outside, but dh (and pretty much everyone else I cook for disagrees) - so I use a thermometer & make sure that I get the edges )t'
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.