Has anyone ever made Apple Cheese?

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
maderedundant
Lively Laner

Has anyone ever made Apple Cheese?

Post by maderedundant »

Hi All,
to use up a bag of apples donated by my brother (a taste and texture between a cooker and an eater) I have decided to make Apple Cheese. I am just in the process of cooking and pushing the cooked apples through a sieve.
Has anyone else ever made Apple Cheese, or any other fruit cheese for that matter? How did it turn out etc?
On a different tack. Has anyone bought a dehydrator and did it pay it's way or was it something that was used once and put to the back of the pantry?
I would be interested to know how you got on with it.
Regards Paul
manda

Re: Has anyone ever made Apple Cheese?

Post by manda »

Not made apple cheese but have done it with Quince ....I make this every year (I love it).

I do have a dehydrator...I use it a lot but that being said if I want to do anything in any great quantity I put in on racks on trays in the oven overnight on low...does the same thing.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Has anyone ever made Apple Cheese?

Post by lancashire lass »

I once made pear butter - it was gorgeous. I added different spices such as cloves and ginger.

Dehydrator - I have one and find it useful for drying slices of apple which are handy for popping the odd one in cooking rather than opening a jar of apple sauce which then needs to be used up. I also dry other fruits and chillies. It definitely gets used but I have to confess only at times like now rather than whole year round. As for paying for itself - I'd say I found mine very useful and glad I've got one.