Home brew beer for Xmas

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Shrek
Lively Laner

Home brew beer for Xmas

Post by Shrek »

...... and it's pub quality. Woodefordes Wherry Real Ale Kit.
I've brewed a few kits over the years but this one has to be the best bitter kit I've done to date. It's a two can all malt kit needing only a small amount of sugar for priming and I'm now on my second batch of this brew.

The best bit.... £15 from Wilkos, that's 40p per pint.
One elderly cat called Chloe and Zak the baby tom.... Betty the Speckledy, Maggie the Black Rock and Kylie the Bluebelle !!!
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: Home brew beer for Xmas

Post by mrs boodles »

Goint to pass that on to Hubby, Shrek. We looked at ones in the R@@ge and they were over £20, and that just seemed to much to pay. Thanks for info
Shrek
Lively Laner

Post by Shrek »

mrs boodles wrote:Goint to pass that on to Hubby, Shrek. We looked at ones in the R@@ge and they were over £20, and that just seemed to much to pay. Thanks for info

Brewing kits have come on in leaps and bounds and this particular brew has really good reviews.
)t' )hic( )hic(
One elderly cat called Chloe and Zak the baby tom.... Betty the Speckledy, Maggie the Black Rock and Kylie the Bluebelle !!!
johnh123abc
Lively Laner

Post by johnh123abc »

Woodefordes Wherry is a great brew. I've brewed a dozen or more batches and get pub quality ale every time. Looks like it will be a very merry christmas )hic(
Proud gallinarius - 4 black rocks
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I have a batch of cider ready for the barrel (a job for this afternoon) and will be looking to make a barrel of ale in time for Christmas. We also have two demijohns of wine on the go.
Bah Humbug
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

saint-spoon wrote:I have a batch of cider ready for the barrel (a job for this afternoon) and will be looking to make a barrel of ale in time for Christmas. We also have two demijohns of wine on the go.

I like your style - sounds like an alcohol fuelled Xmas for you :-D
We too have some home brew all bottled up for Xmas. I do think home brew beer kits are much better nowadays than when I was at home and my dad brewed it. We also have some sloe gin maturing away. We just managed 40 pints of cider this year but trying to hang on to that till Easter.
Michael