Christmas pudding tropical style

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Christmas pudding tropical style

Post by fabindia »

We have finished our lunch already here in Thailand. Add a very traditional lunch really. Wendy cooked a very nice spinach, ricotta, mushroom and sun-dried tomato tart for starters. Our daughter-in-law cooked chicken (nut roast for Wendy and I) with all the trimmings, including sage and onion stuffing brought from UK.

Then Wendy's home-made Christmas pudding ice cream for dessert. We brought a Christmas pudding from UK, which Wendy broke into pieces and added them together with dried fruit soaked in sherry (also brought from UK) to cream and condensed milk. All whipped up and put in the freezer a couple of days ago. At about 29c at 4:0 p.m. in the afternoon here, it would have been too hot for traditional Christmas pudding but ice cream Christmas pudding went down a treat!
Michael
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Christmas pudding tropical style

Post by Gwenoakes »

Merry Christmas, Michael. )x3(
Your lunch sounded really yummy. We have had the traditional this year, i.e. roast turkey and the trimmings with Christmas pudding and custard, all eaten and cleared away now.
manda

Re: Christmas pudding tropical style

Post by manda »

Now that is a fabulous idea....I've not done a frozen pudding. We always wait till midwinters here and then have a "Christmas dinner" then when the weather is right for it lol..
Christmas is always BBQ's of some sort - Toby likes to do something different every year - so this year we had a smoked brisket and a ham, last year was surf and turf (steak and crayfish...which I think is my favourite)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny