Who needs central heating?

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Teasal
Longlasting Laner

Who needs central heating?

Post by Teasal »

Robbie cannot understand us humans - heat on in the house, wearing tons of clothes in this cold weather. He says just get a nice cosy fleece coat like his, he never feels the cold or snow or rain. Here he is at lunchtime, showing you his lovely fleece

Hawthorn
Lively Laner

Post by Hawthorn »

Llama! )c(

Is that just me, or is he actually grinning for the photo? 8)
'Some family trees are full of nuts'
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

If we all had coats like Robbie we could switch it off, except - why don't animals feet get cold? My spaniel runs around and doesn't even notice that the ground he is treading on is completely freezing :shock:

He's a fine looking chap!
wendy

Post by wendy »

How gorgeous is he !!! I want one boo hoo
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Teasal
Longlasting Laner

Post by Teasal »

He likes posing for the camera. In fact he likes posing by the wall for people to admire him. He knows he is handsome, so why not he says?

I do have a giggle when the passers by try to work out what he is. He has been a goat, an alpaca, even a deer. He is very inquistive and has to be there if he sees anything happening on the track or lane. Robbie does not miss much. Mr Nosey I call him!!
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

Can you use his wool? Would it be super warm for jumpers do you know? Could do with some llama socks this very minute!
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
Julia
Longlasting Laner

Post by Julia »

All I can say is I'm envy}}

He is fabulous
Free hens are happy hens. Chicken centreparcs now complete! The girls love it.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

He is Gorgeous!!

Bless him!

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

He looks nice and cuddly. We get our Alpacas soon, as long as the ferry to heysham is sailing. We have had to wait ages, as the blue tongue vaccinations are in full swing. I have a friend who spins wool and she is going to teach me so that I can use their wool. We are getting 4 boys and mine is called Bradley, though I may have to change that to something more suitable!. I hear LLamas are great guard dogs and are used to protect flocks of sheep. Do you use his fleece and do you get someone special in to shear him???
Looove chucks!
Teasal
Longlasting Laner

Post by Teasal »

Robbie was named by the previous owners children. I think they may have been thinking of a reindeer when they named him. I have not had him sheared yet, he only came to us mid summer, and had not been handled, having lived out with his mum and dad, big sister and new born sister, so it was a big ordeal for him leaving his family. I can now stroke his back, and put my hands in his lovely fleece, but not sure how he would react to being sheared. Maybe by next summer he will be more trusting.

I have already had someone ask for his wool to use to make clothes. Apparantly it sells for £10 per kilo. If you put your hand on his back, your hand goes right into his fleece, so its really long.

I was very surprised to find that unlike sheep, goats, cows, etc. you do not need a movement licence for a llama. They are part of the camel family, but not governed like farm animals. I have informed DEFRA I have Robbie. Should there be an outbreak of foot and mouth again, they need to know where llamas and alpacas are, but as its not compulsory at the moment to tell them, I suppose they really do not know how many llamas there are in the country.

I am looking forward to seeing a pic of your alpacas, seahorse. There are a few alpaca farms near us. A lot more expensive to buy than the llama, but I am looking for a wife for Robbie and female llamas are getting expensive too.
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

Yes they are expensive, thats why we are having the boys. they are coming from Penrith area and because this is the isle of man, we have very strict import licenses even for camelids. We were due to get them last summer but with one thing and another it has kept being delayed. I just cant wait to see them again, such gentle creatures. will of course post piccys when they eventually get here.
Looove chucks!
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Oh, Teasal, always lovely to see young Robbie!

A wife for him would be lovely - and maybe then some babies!!!
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
spudley
Legendary Laner

Post by spudley »

OMG i so want to give him a snuzzle!!!!!!!!!!
5 dogs, 15 chickens (6 ex batts) 1 cockerel, and very limited tech skills