Bad Mum!

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
spudley
Legendary Laner

Bad Mum!

Post by spudley »

I asked Mr Spud to check under Floss's collare as she has been scratching there. I thought that she might have had a tick, as she is always rolling on something or another. Anyway he took off her collar and the skin underneath was bare!!! Only around the top half of the neck, not the bottom. Now I always regularly check to see if collars are too tight so thats not the case.

The others are all fine, its just Floss. The thing is it must have been happening for a while as hair doesnt tend to fall out like that over night. She didnt scratch last night and to be honest hadnt been going mental before hand, it was just the odd scratch here and there, but enough to make me want to check. Now I feel dead guilty. Do you think that it could just be a heat rash? she gets wet a lot (OCD) loves rolling in the damp wet mud, constantly throwing the hose pipe about and soaking herself.

Doesnt it make you feel bad though when you find something like that, going to be checking under collars a lot more now- for all the dogs.
5 dogs, 15 chickens (6 ex batts) 1 cockerel, and very limited tech skills
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Bad Mum!

Post by Annie »

Dont be too hard on yourself, in multiple animal households things can get overlooked at times. Soothe her neck with some cream ( not the sort Perchy and Toto like - that will be all gone anyway) and just keep an eye on it )t'

ps dont forget to check Pa's collar too - it is Sunday and I bet he's wearing one with a nice smart tie with no gravy stains
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful