Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by jemberelli »

1lb on - getting silly now, need to sort my head out :oops:
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
manda

Post by manda »

Fancy a juice Jem ....I'm currently tucking into cucumber, kale, apple and ginger...it's quite nice (and I've hidden the coconut water in it again ) {rofwl}

I do get though that at some point I'll start eating and put some back on probably but maybe if I lose a bit more then I'll be way ahead of where I was (if you know what I mean)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Excellent - well done, Manda. )app( )app( It must be a great motivational boost.
manda

Post by manda »

It is Freeranger but I have to be honest I think I'm more happy to know that in the future (you know that place when I have lost all my weight +f+ )... that if my weight does start to go up then I'll have juicing to use in the mix to deal with it...it's a bit like a security blanket that I know I'll have I might never use it (yeah right) but it will be there.

For now absolutely it's been a great booster ...the only thing is I'm hoping that when I start eating I don't get fed up because the inevitable will happen..I don't see how it can't.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

When you get to that happy place, could you save a seat for me, please? :-D

You've made me wonder what the best approach is. Is it to do something radical and lose a chunk of weight, keep it off for a while and then do the same again, or is it to try and sustain a slow burn type diet for a long period of time. Hmmm. Shall give it thought. Anyway, it's not what I'm doing, which has involved very little of either.
manda

Post by manda »

I think you find what suits you...I am realistic about this though and it's a given I will put weight on when I start eating again...I just hope it's not too much.

I'm just grateful at the moment I suppose that I'm losing weight and it keeps happening...I feel so much better for it.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

I've been rubbish this week, I've not eaten properly or gone to the gym because I have sinusitis and vertigo! It started a week last Sunday, ignored it, and then on Sunday gone, I was in so much pain I went to the emergency doctor. Monday was spent in bed, Tuesday I did my half a day at work, annual leave weds, then went in this morning and was sent home by 9:30! I'm not allowed back until Monday. I feel rubbish. And want to eat rubbish!
photos of allotment & other nice things: http://pinterest.com/girlontheplot/

Follow my blog:
http://girlontheplot.blogspot.co.uk/

Just make sure my think works are wound extra tight, and I will formulate a plan!
manda

Post by manda »

Oh horrible for you.....hope you feel better soon {hug&kiss}

I've just now sat and had a couple of bits of toast (I'm still juicing) but I really wanted something warm - so toast it was...I think if you want something it's OK as long as you can get back onto healthy (if the something you want isn't so much).
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Maybe you could heat up your juices and call them soup! I don't think you'll loose many brownie points for a couple of slices of toast after the last few days.

Hope you're feeling better now, BM. Sounds horrid. Pull the duvet up a bit higher.

I got my act into gear and had a good few days - actually ate loads, but the right things - and have dropped about 1.5lb on the week. Since I (re)started the diet, I've now lost 7.5lb overall, so went down, up, and then back down plus about 0.5lb, so now at just over 11% of target.
manda

Post by manda »

Well done Freeranger )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

I'm so better thanks. I got to the gym on Saturday did some weights and I went tonight and did 40 lengths a 20m pool by my reckoning that's half a mile! I'm still at the same weight every week of 14s7lbs but I'm losing the inches. I need to pull my finger out and eat properly unlike today's 10 chocolate a piece of white bread toast and a crumpet! For my tea I've had a of soup wholemeal bread and about 15 chips! Not an ideal diet, I think hormonal hence the chocolate hahahaha.

Id like to give the juicing a go, I'm just not sure I have the willpower! Xx

Follow my blog:

Just make sure my think works are wound extra tight, and I will formulate a plan!
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Lots of exercise boosmummy!

Maybe it is the time of year, I am craving chocolate too and gave in a few times recently. Am getting fed up with myself as I have gained about 4lb over the last few weeks, not a lot but I am scared it is a slippery slope.....
boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

kate egg wrote:Lots of exercise boosmummy!

Maybe it is the time of year, I am craving chocolate too and gave in a few times recently. Am getting fed up with myself as I have gained about 4lb over the last few weeks, not a lot but I am scared it is a slippery slope.....

4lbs is easy to put on and not so easy to get off!! I'm craving hotpots and stews and white bread with the nights setting in x

Follow my blog:

Scrambled
Lively Laner

Post by Scrambled »

Yes, it's a dangerous time of year for putting weight on. Just back from hols and I do not dare weigh myself :-D So far, I haven't struggled to get into any of the clothes I was wearing pre-holiday.....
manda

Post by manda »

Good on you Boosmummy with the exercise and the inch lossI've had an eating week...put on 1.6kgs but I'm OK with that I had lost 4.6kgs so I'm effectively 3kgs down anyway if that makes sense...and I expected it.It's also giving my skin the chance to keep up. I had a roast dinner,curry and pizza this week but do you know what I've got it out of my system
for now...and best of all is I've got no guilt )c(

I've enjoyed it but I'm going to get back on the juice tomorrow..to be honest I've had enough of food {rofwl} ...sorry but I don't get that statement it feels like it should be alien to me but it's true!
The great thing juicing has done has shrunk my stomach... I definitely can't eat anywhere near as much as I used to. I actually like the juices I feel really good on them.

If you don't think you can juice full time have juice in the morning and then eat in the evening or the other way round whichever suits you better....I lost weight just doing that....and I'm not really exercising yet.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda